What would come next....?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by SteveKozy, Jun 1, 2021.

What car would you buy next and why

1. Golf R

5.6%
  2. A45 AMG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Civic Type R FK8

11.1%
  4. BMW M2 Comp

22.2%
  5. BMW M140i

5.6%
  6. Porsche 911 Carrera S (997) (others also available)

5.6%
  7. Nissan R35 Gt-R

16.7%
  8. Other

33.3%
  1. I notice most the hot hatch types now are 4 doors... Manufacturers realised it saves them money on chassis development on the 3 door versions, assuming they are slightly different.. that and they double up as "family cars". CTR is a good choice.

2. It's not chassis development that saved them money, its the bodywork. There is a lot of extra work for two more doors and most people don't want 3dr cars so why make cars for a fairly unprofitable niche?

3. the new leons E diff is apparently very well set up..

4. i owned a 2015 FR leon, it handled really well but not like the megane.... nowhere near!

5. what i like about the honda is the lengths honda went to to make it a class leader.The floorpan was brand new for this car,even though the previous gen floorpan was virtually new itself,just so Honda could fit multi link rear suspension.So they spent millions even though the floorpan would have been absolutely fine for the stock versions.
    Honda have also listened to the public,and made the suspension more subtle over the FK2,and improved it furthur again with the FK8`s recent updates,as well as fitting floating brake disks.
    Whats astonishing though is its a genuine car you can use everyday,even riding on rubber band tyres on 20" rims.

No other car is its class, and several classes higher, has this type of engineering in it.
    Engine is super strong to,so big power is easily acheived..

If they can tweek those looks,i wouldnt hesitate to order one.

6. im talking about the 2021 leon 300 thats just come out...looks dull,but the press are receiving it well..

Mr Spoon likes this.
  7. I love the FK8 but the early cars suffered from well-documented overheating issues when drive hard on track. Reportedly fixed with the facelift.

8. You have to admire how Honda spend so much on car development some times. Some of the greatest drivers cars have come from them throwing rule books out and just going all in on R&D without really caring about the amount they get back on the investment. Obviously they do it less now, but, compared to other manufacturers they don't seem scared to still just go all out to make a good drivers car.

I could be tempted into a type R when (more likely if) the prices soften a little. Just to try it out. I've had an EP3 and FN2 and both were great in their own way. This will be a whole other level of course as those two are dinosaurs in comparison. Like you say though - the design leaves - well a lot to be desired shall i say.

9. this is a real type R..not the shameless cashing in Honda did for a while with its UK built civics.
    I had a Integra DC2 for quite a few years.I saw that very much as the predecessor of my R26,where everything was tilted towards handling ,at the expense of everything else.
    Double wishbone suspension in 1996 was unheard of,as well as the engines top end being hand assembled.
    It was well known the top end was incredibly reliable for a engine that revved to 9k on the JDM version.
    You could just get in that car,and immediatly take it to its limit,without ever thinking it was going to bite you.

The new FK8 seems to have all these elements,as well as the usability everyday,
    which to be fair the howling DC2 didnt have.

If you see a facelifted FK8 in the flesh,they really are not that lairy,and remember that styling much like the Skyline,is like that
    to aid aerodynamics,and add downforce.

I will put up with any looks,if the driving experience is present..which is doesnt seem to be ,with almost all the new breed of 300hp-ish hatches..

10. autronix

autronix RSM Club Member

beside the TOP engine and transmissions the Honda are very very very cheap build and on the mountain environment the chassis will rust to the bone from new because they are using the cheapest rust protection in automotive.

I have 3 of them , I also have 3 Renault`s that on same mountain environment have zero issues.

perfect car to run if you live in .... Barcelona :smile: