What have you done to your Car today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Strell2, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Fitted ktec air filter :-)

2. Tints and a quick clean!
    u3yqaves.jpg

3. Fitted my hybrid turbo last night along with a track rod end changed, fitted the 3" decat pipe, stripped my forge actuator and replaced my yellow spring with a blue one, replaced my alternator belt, resecured my exhaust heatshield, sorted my bumper alignment, fitted new cv joint clips, fixed my bulkhead trim and temp repaired my coil pack i broke when removing my turbo :worried:

4. All in 1 night that's good going

5. 6 1/2 hours mate.

The turbo isnt the easiest thing to remove with the engine in place!

6. This time next year Rodney we will have it mapped!!

7. trying to rope in cadwell trackday and mapping in 1 trip, so maybe this time next month it will be mapped :tongueout:

8. Okay, now I feel completely incompetent! Well done fella :smile: My rear exhaust heat shield has been riding around in the boot for a couple of weeks now, I must get onto that!

9. Cheers mate.
    I do this for a living though mate :smile:
    Thats pretty slow as well. I spent a bit of time debating the easiest way to remove the turbo.

Find some big penny washers and get new speed clips/fastners and that should be enough to resecure the it :smile:
    i hate rattles and squeaks from cars!

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Since you seem handy Steven i think you should do my decat :tongueout:

11. Spent the last 2 days machine polishing, waxing & sealing my car. Getting the old girl ready for sale.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just got to bring myself round to parting with her after nearly 6 years of ownership.

Lee

12. Wow gorgeous colour!! Is that a real CF bonnet?
    Good luck with sale :smile:.

13. Yes real carbon... The colour is bleu artic & is an original colour. When it is clean it looks brill in the light.
    Lee.

14. Sprayed my tailgate hinges, door hinges ,boot lock and door locks with spray on grease and all my creaks have gone haha

15. Spray grease.... Nooooo. When mine went into renault for service I told them if they went near my car with a grease brush or can I would stick it up there rectum. I also told them not to go near it with the steam cleaner as after her second service they took the finish off all my plastics. It took a month of detailing to get it back..
    lee.

16. I have only put a little bit on the hinges , the creaking was driving me mad

17. Been saidbefore Lee, but she is stunning.

18. Someone will certainly be getting a very well looked after car. I even leave her a work during winter as my workshop is heated.....

19. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Had a fight with the indicator bulbs and lost.....again.

20. Washed and cleaned again, ready to start looking dirty again after 5 minutes of driving no doubt.

21. Fixed 2 door switches using the guide on here.
    Cheers James for posting the guide.

22. Got myself a helmet for trackdays and some decent shoes to drive in.

23. Interior cleaned and protected, leather conditioned, hooved, wheels and arches iron xd, Rinsed, foamed, rinsed, washed (2bm), rinsed, clayed, rinsed, dryed, hand polished, waxed, tyres dressed, glass protected. I usually do the interior before exterior but fancied a change today. Just been out for a spirited drive and now bugs splated all over the front.

24. Quick clean and new engine cover fitted
    a9uvyna6.jpg suvasadu.jpg y8u2a5um.jpg 5eqetuma.jpg

25. Wow those are dark tints!

26. Looking at the pics-they look really dark!!!
    Much darker than they actually look up close..

27. Is it not illegal to tint the front side windows that much?

28. Yep, I think they would be classed as illegal..

29. Looks like 20% all round, 3 points if you get done

30. They'll be coming off soon enough..

31. saved my car from ebay as the missis keeps moaning about the petrol consumption I told her how much petrol has gone up not the cars fault!! (I failed to mention the decat)

32. Not quite today :wink: but yesterday I gave my 225 an enhancement detail to get it looking on top form again. I'd already given it a proper rotary polish earlier on in the year (thanks to Liquid for that :smile: ) so this was a wash with AF Lather, hand polish with Lime Prime topped off with AF Spirit. Various other products used on the wheels (can highly recommend the Wheel Woolie spoke back brush), glass n black stuff and I think it's looking alright for a 9 year old car.... And yes I know I should replace that sticker in the last photo :wink:

Meg (1 of 4).jpg Meg (2 of 4).jpg Meg (3 of 4).jpg Meg (4 of 4).jpg

33. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Looks awesome mate just need that intercooler now :smile:

34. Had the tracking lazer aligned.

Also found that I have a buckled wheel, so need a new/second hand one from somewhere.

35. ive got one for sale

36. Fitted an ITG induction kit and the short shift mod

37. Just had my insurance renewal come through.. It's about a 5er of being double what it was last year. Why are insurance companies so bloody annoying!? Grrrrr

38. its the norm, anyone who doesnt shop around is foolish. insurers do it to rely on people thinking 'oh they say here it auto renews and there is nothing for me to do, great'

most adults with diesel mondeos e.t.c pay like 3-400quid so if they paid 400 last year, confused.com will prob give them a quote for 300 but the renewal is 460 some people simply renew.

for young drivers and high perf vehicles its a different ballgame when more more is involved so the gap becomes much bigger

39. Not today but last night.

Clayed the drivers wing and door, parts of the car were resprayed pre-sale as part of the deal and it seams some overspray got on to the panels.

Clay + SRP + Collinite Wax = super smooth.

40. Finally got round to ordering a set of TPI black bolts for the white alloys.

14 x 1.50 28mm Tapered 17 Hex (pack of 16)
    14 x 1.50 28mm Black Eco Lock Bolt 17/18 Hex (pack of 4)

I got them from Revolution 247 for £44.98 delivered. You have to ring them to order because they are not on the website.

They do look much better than the std bolts and at least now they have some security bolts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]