What have you done to your Car today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Strell2, Jul 23, 2013.

1. They will have much more stopping power than the ds2500's yes

Better than ds2500's .... ? I wouldnt say better just different style pad to be honest , depends on your needs and how you use the car .

2. thank you I may get a set ordered, where is best to get them , K-tec ?

3. Yer whoever is cheapest at the time

Your friends at jjc not able to order them in? Trying to think who else, camskill, kam racing etc if not

4. i ran both, rc6 was far superior in every way!

5. More dust and disc wear tho mate

I've got 330's and like my wheels clean .. so I'd rather press the pedal a bit harder with the ds2500's lol , also no wear on the rotors at all

I've ran ds3000's before wich I'd say we're in the same level as rc6 .. Great pads .. Too much dust for me .. Oh and anialated my discs

HC discs and high friction pads do work .. Depends on what you want really

6. Gave her a good clean and changed the fusebox in the engine bay over to a non cracked one !

7. Drove it hard we are on holidays in France seeing family and friends then tomorrow driving through France to hook up at the channel tunnel on tuesday morning then a little drive up to oulton park for the Rs track day and then a weeks break in england

rich

8. Washed, polished and fitted track wheels and tyres for Oulton :smiley:

9. Spent the last 5mins swearing at it as I now have a horrid clicking when turning! Looks like I need a new driveshaft :banghead: excellent

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

10. I have the same problem but only on full lock both sides

11. Headlight and indicator bulbs changed so no weird orange reflections and hopefully better view despite just having reflectors.

Pleased how much easier a bulb change is on these things even if it does need a torx key.

12. What tyres u running

13. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

That thru platinum? if so epic choice of spec sir :smile:

14. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

About to go home and prepare the car for Oulton tomorrow. Nicked a massive bag of cable ties from work so will work on sorting my undertray out where it connects to the bumper. Fell down the other day at speed on the ringroad. Awful noise.

15. Fitted pioneer door speakers & tweeters.

16. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Two things..
    What were you doin walking on the ring road? Did it hurt when you fell?

17. Haha you work there!?

18. Took a 5p piece out from under the Recaro seat runners, had a metallic tinking noise doing my nut in for ages! Gone now though :smile:

19. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Yea in parts mate, saw someone having a test drive of your r26 today.

20. Ah i see! Hopefully she goes to a good home eh!

Cant wait for the 265 now, gona be a long wait!

21. R888's mate. They were a spare set that came with the car.

22. Tire Rotation, after the track car need it

23. dropped my car off at Brian Leighton Renault in Howden to have my back bumper resprayed courtesy of Carl (SmithandRoper) on here.

24. Plasti dipped one of my centre caps in black to see what it looked like!

25. Let it rest after the hammering it got at oulton yesterday

26. Machine polishing done, polished and awaiting wax which can wait until tomorrow!

27. Stu

Stu

Got the Air Con recharged, now lovely and cold.

Just in time for the rain! :mad:

28. Pissing it down here, someone just put a photo up on fb of their fiesta nearly alloys deep in water!

29. HD wax done! Now time for a beer :smile:

30. Finally got around to realigning the front bumper and now the sides stay in, minor but immensely satisfying. Embarrassingly easy too.

31. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Cleaned it and noticed my front discs are pretty much completely fubar, Eyeing up the new PF 2 piece disc set to replace them

32. Fitted this

etezy5aj.jpg

ru2yzyne.jpg

33. A ktec kit then, but presumably a lot more expensive?

Why metal though? Heat soak!

34. No a lad designed and made it on cliosport.net and such a well made piece of kit. A lot better than what k-tec could produce and a better price.

Also weighs next to nothing and the itg filter is super light too. 9aseha7a.jpg

It's aluminium which has quick heat changing capabilities, it can heat up pretty quickly but when on the pedal it can cool down just as effectively.

Can feel a difference straight away pulls a lot harder and sounds like itbs when fitted.

35. Looks well mate but probably just placebo from all the noise!

36. I doubt it tbh, the ktec kit produced good gains over a stock air intake, so this must of done something.

+ anything is better than a tight :worried: after I changed to a polo rad and moved the piping I couldn't fit the ph1 air box in. So it's definitely an improvement over that.

37. Your not another person who takes what ktec says at gospel!?

Their own kit, making gains, so that it sells!? Lol their own rollers over read by loads (illustrated on here loads before even recently) so i wouldnt trust a graph showing a gain as far as i could throw it!

38. No not at all, but this isn't a Megane this is a Clio with quite a few proven results that either a home made induction quite similar to ktec or something like this does give a little benefit albeit 2-3bhp but the kit I've just fitted will have a larger benefit from what I had before, not any serious gains like your probably thinking.

I don't buy any performance related parts from k-tec or even go there for mapping, so that was irrelevant tbh.

Didn't the itg induction kit for the Megane give gains as high as 11bhp??

39. Cleaned suspension and steering components and coated in Dynax UC