What have you done to your Car today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Strell2, Jul 23, 2013.

1. They are stupid I took lights out, I cud get bulb loose but abit of metal stops u pulling it all the way out

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

2. Tell me about it, worked out if I take off the wheel arch liner-I got a better view of the bulb/bulb holder, and then managed to pull it out...
    However my left arm is now shredded and swollen!!!

Oh well-at least it's done now, if I thought about it-should have got some silvervision bulbs, but maybe in a few weeks after the swelling goes down :tongueout:

3. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Me and Naith gave up on those last Saturday, got some silver visions to put in too. Is it as simple as pulling the arch line back?

4. I wish I took some photos now!!!

Yeah, I left wheel on-but actually would have been easier with wheel off, peeled back wheel arch liner-then through it you can see bulb holder, squeezed hand through the tiny gap and managed to twist and pull enough to pop holder out..

It sounds easy-now I'm writing it up, but iv never swore so much in the hour it took me to do it!!! :worried:

Was nearly ready to call Fred @BTM and get him to drop bumper and do it for me!!!!

But just needed some patience and its sorted now :smile:

5. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

What a ball ache they are to do. I'll have another go tomorrow.

6. Treated the old bird to a jet wash down at Tesco, (I hear the detailers crying but I have no shame) white wheels are a nightmare to maintain though...

7. Have you got any pics?

8. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Fitted silvervision indicators up front then removed them again as one blew in around 20 seconds. :mad:

9. Careful you don't blow a fuse (literally), you'll be even more fuming. The box is upside down in the engine bay...for lights!!!

10. And a swine to get too!

11. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Lol mental, bloody French :tongueout:

12. Dan

Dan

Today..

i washed, clayed and waxed the .R

13. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Left it parked up again!!!!ill move it next week (I promise)

14. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

25 point check at renault. All green. :smile:

15. Engine service, change the oil with Liqui Moly top tec, Ceratec, injectors calibration and sparks checkup.

16. Only had it 6 months but have an annoying little rattle from under the front, no consistent timing either. Took it to main dealer today before warranty runs out (tomorrow!) and RS tech confirmed most likely the fly wheel rattling! New one ordered and booked for fitting in 3 weeks! All free thank duck! A good reason to buy main dealer in this case lol

17. I know, tbh it's French but it's not like the chassis is made of cheese.

18. Fitted gloss black Renault badges. I'm not 100% happy with them though since they aren't a completely snug fit, I'll decide over the next few days if they're staying on.

19. New tips, down pipe, the hole sistem :smile:
    za2ajeza.jpg

20. Whats with the weird numberplate?

21. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

He's from Mexico.

22. Asif my back doesn't hurt enough, I whipped the battery and what not out to do the airbox mod! Tssssssssssssss

23. Having my tracking done at silverline as we speak! Can't wait for the steering wheel to be straight :smiley:

24. Adz Does your steering wheel sit off centre when driving straight?

25. Yes mate, it's well annoying too.. Still does a bit so got to go back

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

26. Same here mate and I've basically just had a full front end steering refresh. Still the same, offcentre and wanting to pull left. So frustrating.

27. u3y7agub.jpg this is what iv been doing ! Lets see if any one can see what's different :wink:

28. Took the Xenon headlights out and wiring loom and replaced with original valeo Headlights h4 bulbs and wiring loom, as i couldnt justify paying £200+ for new ballast so £50 later 2 new headlights new wiring loom and both lights work !

P.S this results in some xenon headlights for sale :cool::wink:

29. One new rear tyre today.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376750526.168274.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376750536.117629.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376750550.683632.jpg

30. Wth is that????

31. got the track wheels and RC6 pads on for Oulton on 21st

32. RC6's aye .. Should be good

33. they are a big step up from the DS2500s thats for sure, overkill for the road.

34. Told you! Epic pads

35. Do they not ruin discs and give off loads of pad deposit ?

36. Not a clue!!!!

37. Yip

38. pa7y8u8e.jpg
    Put an air filter heat cover, made in Mex :smile:

39. I ran them on my old 250 and they didn't harm the wheels at all, they are harsher to the discs than the 2500s, but going by trailbreakers posts about them, the discs last for ages, ( I hope)

40. Loads of scaremongering steve, i ran mine for ages on the road too, never a problem cleaning the dust off and the brembo hc's took the abuse fine

Miles better pad than the ds2500!