What have you done to your Car today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Strell2, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Wife's car but I'm the grease monkey so.. Removed the front wings for a paint repair job. Well, came to learn that in order to gain access to all the bolts and be able to slide the wing off of the car, I had to remove the wiper arms, scuttle grille, inner mudguards, all plastic trim from the sides of the upper engine bay, complete front bumper, both headlights... And an awful lot of brittle plastic pins. The engineering on the RS 225 is delightful - some of the fittings and bolt locations could not be any more difficult if they had tried. No big surprise there but it was still a surprisingly big job to just take the wings off.

2. Dropped my R26 off @ The exhaust doctor to get a Euro 4 spec 200 cell sports cat welded in to my 3" turbo back K-Tec exhaust system. I'm getting it put in on v-bands under the car and the section of cut out pipe made into a decat pipe, also on v-bands so it's a 5min job to swap over. Will update with pictures tomorrow when I collect it.

Genty and Mikeyjp like this.
  3. That sounds like a really good plan

4. 47C2B65A-F46F-4F7E-BAA4-A68136B30B55.jpeg Done the short shift mod on my 265. Has to be the best £1.59 i ever spend on the car definitely the way it should have came out of the factory.

Nick-ST likes this.
  5. This particularly hard to do?

6. No not at all once you have the battery tray out. I drilled a 6mm hole 20mm to the right in line with the pivot and tapped it 8mm and fitted the ball stud. Only thing i had to do was mark the bolt holding the bracket for the clutch pipe them remove it and cut the head down to the to suit and cut the hoop off if you look closely. The hole you drill will be just on the bend of the linkage but it works fine there.

Nick-ST likes this.
  7. Pretty sure that bracket holding the clutch pipe needs to be removed otherwise the linkage will foul the bracket. You can either make your own bracket (see the guide on the forum) or cable tie the clutch pipe to the gearbox mount.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. If you look closely at the bolt head i have it cut down so the linkage passes fine. Was easier doing that that looking for something to make a bracket out of.

9. Fair enough, another way of doing it!

10. in my case I could just cut the protruding bolt off and the rubber cable outer short.jpg seems to pass over top and not foul the bolt

11. Collected my car from having the sports cat welded in. No under car pictures yet, but here's one of the decat pipe with the welded on v-band flanges. DSC_0108.JPG

12. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

yeah i did the same, mine only just passed. youll have to really heat it up before your mot

mine only just passed lol

27475568323_a0e46a1970_c.jpg centre section by matt eaton, on Flickr

27475577583_78dc989daa_z.jpg Sports cat by matt eaton, on Flickr

Dale1uk likes this.
  13. My cat is a decent 'E' marked euro 4 spec one so fingers crossed that with a bit of heat in it it passes OK. My MOT is due next month so I'll soon find out!!

14. Gave my girlfriend's new toy a wash and polish to try and protect its lovely new paint. Mine got a quick wash also.
    IMG_20181020_175007__01.jpg IMG_20181020_175107.jpg IMG_20181020_175134.jpg IMG_20181020_175159.jpg

15. DSC_0111.JPG Under car picture of the cat. Had it installed on the downpipe between the joint to the centre section and the elbow up to the flexi, basically as close to the engine as possible to still be easily accessible.

16. efi ootside.jpg EFI fan.jpg remap.jpg Took a wee trip doon to EFI

efi ootside.jpg efi ootside.jpg EFI fan.jpg EFI fan.jpg

Canky likes this.
  17. I bet it goes a lot better now! What mods have you got?

18. akrapovic exhaust, CGR sport cat, ITG induction kit, Airtec intercooler :smile:

19. It now goes like shit off a shovel :smile:

James265trophy and Canky like this.
  20. CE0F0D9B-DACD-4FB4-AAFE-DF0341FFC37A.jpeg 5D21DDF2-F928-4133-80B5-929FFB18E80B.jpeg

Nice to meet you yesterday Frankie.

So glad I went Efi aswell best experience I have had at any tuner and I’ve been to 3 of them.
    I just like how Chris talks you through what he is doing and what he can do for you etc

21. hey Canky, good to meet you mate !

Aye, Chris is awesome, top bloke .

Car is bat shit crazy fast noo n sounds sweet :smile: Happy Days !!

Heading back to Scotland, once it stopped pishing doon, hit the B roads ..! AMAZING

Pyper likes this.
  22. The torque is incredible isn’t it what a difference.

Bet you got some awesome roads up there nice!

23. Torque is silly mate..cant wipe the smile off my face :smile:

SSShhtttttt..we have shit roads that are extremely busy :smirk:

Canky likes this.
  24. I was considering efi myself this time instead of rs tuning as efi seem to have a great name. What is the difference in these two cars that the graphs look so different? The second one looks really smooth compared to the first.

25. yours does seem really smooth compared to mine Canky

26. My map is shite..can i get a refund :smile:

27. Ah yeah see what you mean now you mentioned it no idea mate not sure why

28. might be coz i went 1st..he was in a hurry :smile: your map looks a lot better mate

29. Did they say anything to you when mapping about it or can you feel it when driving? Personally i wouldnt care what the graph looks like if it drives well but its just interesting the difference

30. i know our exhaust set ups are slightly different would that make a difference god knows. Im not technical enough to understand it we made pretty much the same power anyway.

31. It's as if the map is fighting one or more sensors

32. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I wouldn't be that concerned about the graphs tbh, not all of them tune the same. Mine was a bit of a pain with boost control, was really sensitive to even the smallest of changes and my actuator isn't the strongest.

I'm sure if you spoke to Chris he would explain the reason behind it

33. Aye mate, happy as a pig in shit! Feel a big difference !

34. C79D6D27-6086-43E3-BBC1-2F3B95E78A0B.jpeg New dash trim with red stripe

35. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

bought a new oil filler cap. £5 delivered bargain 6e5c2ea703b63ac1b60b204d0460b894.jpg

36. Cheers :tearsofjoy:

37. Had an emissions test carried out on my R26 since getting a sports cat welded into the downpipe under the car.

Considering the cat was just at normal temperature to say I'm happy/relieved/surprised is an understatement!
    DSC_0112.JPG

If anyone needs a sports cat I can highly recommend the one I bought from Darkside Developments: https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...rts-cat-catalytic-converter-pipe-2-5-3-0.html

It's E marked, Euro 3/4 spec and 200 cell

38. Swapped my upper gearbox mount for the Cup-S upgraded mount, and drilled and tapped the lower gearbox mount to take an upgraded M12x1.5 bolt.

b1cb8016875c2486471d77b245fe6fb9.jpg

Mish View, Pyper, Genty and 1 other person like this.