What braided lines?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Zaim, Jan 30, 2019.

1. I think this is a bit of a daft question, but I've never seen so much choice for braided lines as I have for the RS250.

I've generally gone with the cheapest known brand, but are K-Tec's any good? Any that people recommend? Are all braided lines the same?

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Proline Motorsport or HEL

Zaim likes this.
  3. what he said ^^^^:laughing::laughing:

4. Aren't Ktecs just rebranded HEL ones anyway?

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yup, with a premium ontop

6. I did wonder about the Ktecs. Proline look great value.

7. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

I got the Goodridge ones from @George@RTR Parts and they're spot on, will be getting a set for the Twingo as well soon.

George@RTR Parts likes this.
  8. George@RTR Parts

George@RTR Parts RSM Trader RSM Trader

I can supply the Goodridge line kits, with fluid, pads ,pins, discs, etc . Get in touch if want a quote or any info @Zaim

9. I upgraded from stock to Goodridge lines, Ate fluid and DS2500 pads from George. The difference is night and day on track. I can't compare them to Proline or HEL but they certainly do the job.

George@RTR Parts likes this.
  10. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Always wondered are braided lines noticeable on the road? Going to change brake fluid soon so might be a good time to do that too.

11. Yes, definitely. Provides a stronger pedal feel, at the top and all the way through the stroke. This might be purely mental, i.e. you made a change therefore there is a change. I've done this as a first step to all my cars over the last 10 years and it has made a difference.

Only car it didn't make a difference was the 1.6 mk2 Focus but them I'm a twat for expecting it to. Plus never needed to brake hard in that car.

Charlie Howard likes this.
  12. If/when you purchase some lines, check them over. I bought some HEL lines & they had burrs in the holes, so i sent them back & got Goodridge. Also, people have posted about having issues with fitting the rears, & has been said before, i can`t see what the problem was, its just they are a not that flexible for the short distance where they are fitted, but they do fit, unless they send the wrong kit!

13. Went to Pro-Line today and had the 6 line kit fitted. Great service and good price fitted.