What BHP would this Meg have ?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by John R26, May 10, 2020.

1. I am looking at purchasing a Meg 3 250 from a distance in which i cannot view the car unfortunately....the owner tells me it has around 399hp flywheel as it has upgraded injectors, Upgraded intercooler and a dyno tune from a famous workshop.

I am thinking this figure to be a little optimistic...... not fully aware of Meg 3's so would ask here on your thoughts about these quoted figures. [[he does not have a dyno readout ]

2. highly unlikely unless engine had been forged, some folks eh.....

3. As Bobsan says, unless it's been forged, also will need another turbo, even a hybrid isn't going to give you that power.

Famous workshop and power figure like that, has to be RStuning :rage:

Kyle_R26 and Poppaboost like this.
  4. Any good reputable tuner would of provided a dyno sheet with this and if it was my car I’d be proud of that figure and want the graph too.

5. ooops sorry forgot to mention upgraded turbo and also "an exhaust system that can be changed by remote" ?

6. Even with those it would need to be forged to reliably produce those figures. Who was the “tuner”?

7. ooops
    sorry forgot to mention upgraded turbo and also "an exhaust system that can be changed by remote" ?

8. Tuner unknown according to the owner. As there are a lot of unknowns with this car i may give it a miss or offer way below what he has on it. The guy doesnt even have receipt for cambelt change last..... i am going to do a runner. Thx for the tips chaps.....appreciate !

9. Did he say what turbo was on it, it's going to have to be a Garrett or a Borg Warner, so "V" band flange on the cat/decat pipe etc etc, do you have any pics of the engine bay ???

still wouldn't want to run that sort of power on a non forged engine though

10. No mention of which turbo was on it. He has only owned it for 6 months and lost his license thus selling. Its all a bit of a mystery with not much concrete evidence coming my way so i have told him i wont be be buying due to lack of info and the car being so far away from me.

11. That sounds the best plan John, plenty more to chose from, good luck hunting, any questions just ask

12. ~Shaun~

~Shaun~ RSM Club Member

If you've got the name of the tuner and the reg number of the car just ring up the tuner and ask what they have done to the car.

13. Wouldn’t even bother chasing turbo details if sellers saying belts done but no evidence that’d be enough for me to swerve

Frimley111R likes this.