What annoys you about your Megane?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by craig180, Nov 28, 2013.

1. fair enough - I went from an Ibiza Bocanegra with a Bose system to the stock Megane 250. Definitely a step down in sound quality

2. This pisses me right off.

3. Dark red needle against a black speedo. Can't see stuff all

4. I don't like squeaky interior and audio quality.

5. Don't mind my audio. Apart from the fact I can't add a sub. Or a hands free. Or an ipod.

6. Pathetic injectors

Door lock buttons on handles

Creaks and rattles.

Mainly creaks and rattles :-(

7. Creaks and rattles, water from the boot (but now fixed with tape) the "will it, won't it" game every time I use the windows, clutch replacement price, rubbish audio quality, heavy doors, general engine bay access, and a few more. And I love it more every day.

8. I'm going to resurrect this thread. The cupholder (or lack of one) has pissed me right off on one occasion. Strapped a maccy's coke drink in the back arm rest's cup holder thinking this would be secure. Went round a roundabout and spilled the thing. Spent more money than it was worth getting stuff to clean my car interior and making it nice and shiny from the inside.

9. Dont drink and drive :tongueout:

1. Engine bay is a catastrophe
    2. Rattles and squeaks
    3. Rods made of chocolate
    4. Airpockets in the pistons on mk2's along with pathetic ringlands.
    5. Sound system is shite
    6. Wheel fitment
    7. Exhaust mounts are terrible
    8. The fact you need your missus with tiny hands to change your headlight bulbs.
    9. Window regulators
    10. Hub bearings
    I could go on.. it's still a fantastic car and puts a lot of expensive cars to shame on track, there is positives too though.

10. The pathetic horn!
    Glitter should come sprinkling out too, you know, to make it more manly.

11. Don't Macdonnalds and anything :smiley:

On the way home today, the only thing that annoyed me was the stupid placement of the Sport button.

Why oh why put it there? Take all the crap off the steering wheel and put it on there for heavens sake. Apart from to test the system, I've honestly never used any of the cruise/limiter buttons, but I use the Sport button all the time.

12. mainly rattles and creaks then...my dashboard was creaking like it was going to fall off.
    a liberal dowsing with silicone spray where it touches the windscreen and no more noise..even 6 months on.

13. Agree with the water dripping when you open the boot...

Terrible radio antenna. Same in my old clio cup.

The biggest thing is stupidly enormous bus steering wheels thar Renault put in these sport models. Not very sporty.

Thought I could cope with the megane but I cant any more. An Omp wheel will be going on within the next month.

14. Buying an R26 for £4200 and having to put another £5k in JUST SO IT CAN EFFIN STAY ON THE ROAD!!!!

and relax

Jamesycc and Xanda73 like this.
  15. Drivers door handle (internal)..when pushing on it plays havoc with my knee. Anti-clockwise trackday at knockhill and i'm bruised and tendor for days after it.

16. I guess mine is a reasonable example based on above not noticed any creaks and rattles but I don't drive it much on the road. The audio is poor but don't have high expectations because my daily driver car has a brilliant audio. I have had to replace the clutch and dmf.. ...but it is a track car....it was around £1300 which seems a lot for a Renault. My only gripe really is the doors are large and there is no graduated stop points on them. They just swing open. The beemer has points where when you open the door in a carpark it holds the door just away from the next car. Not explained it very well sorry.

Jamesycc and eddie ninja like this.
  17. Bloody buttons dotted about the car in stupid places

18. Water falling from tailgate when you open it.
    Need to use aircon whenever it rains or the thing mists up immediately.
    High seating position..
    I can forgive the other niggles as its an old car and there are guides online for most problems, plus it drives so well.

Jamesycc likes this.
  19. Weight of the mk2 door in correlation to the inner door handle location.. it's awkward to open and close for me personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamesycc likes this.
  20. Lots of the same stuff going on here,
    Mine (265)
    1. Useless cup holder (and only 1)
    2. Sound system
    3. Seatbelt clicker creaking against seat
    4. Int. door handle too far forward
    5. Lack of engine bay access (although I know that's also what contributes to their good safety points)

Jamesycc likes this.
  21. Seat belt is a long way back, but then it's a 2 door.
    Small niggles really, try owning a 130i that won't ride or handle properly unless you spend Lots on springs/ shocks/ arb's etc!

Jamesycc likes this.
  22. Agree with this.
    I sometimes use the door pocket.

Stupidly long doors!

Jamesycc likes this.
  23. The other seat belt related niggle is plugging the belt in.
    With the arm rest on the 225 they've left barely any room for the anchor.
    I'm used to it now but any passenger that gets in is faffing for ages. The missus just gets me to buckle her now as she can't be bothered with it...

Agree with the misting. Happens randomly too, near the end of a wet drive..

Idiosyncratic French cars. I love mine. It's called charm!

24. You can't fully lift the wipers fully up when washing the car, that annoys me

25. Build quality in general, 1 step up from a fiat

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  26. Mine has had nothing go wrong, or fall off in 10 years..so i guess i have just been lucky.

27. NJH

NJH

Nope, I had an 07 Panda 3 years ago as a run around. Nothing ever went wrong with that car and it had zero creaks, rattles or quirks other than being a bargain basement shopping trolley. Mk2 Megane is in this odd place half way between the shocking quality from the old days and the latest stuff which all much of a muchness. I love the drive of my R26 but frankly in purely objective terms the quality of the car is really appalling, whether its windows that have a mind of their own to endless creaks and rattles developing from nowhere. I had the classic rain water coming in through the speaker surround and filling the door pocket problem last year, really incredible to have a fault and design flaw like that on a modern car, and its there for the simple reason that they couldn't be arsed to put a 5p plastic sheet in there to line the inside of the door.

sunnylunn likes this.
  28. Fiat,
    I've had a punto abarth evo and a 500 Abarth and had 0 problems with both of them. I've owned 21 cars and the worst in issues have been
    1. Smart roadster (tho heavily modded so some were my fault)
    2 my old meg r26
    3. Vx220

29. I have a real soft spot for the Punto Abarth for some reason.

The thing that annoys me about my Megane is a noise from the front suspension that no one can diagnose.

30. The experiences I have had with Fiats that have caused me hassle have been on the ducato range and fiats from the 70s and 80s I have the current shape ducato maxi with the 3.0 diesel and it seems nice/lovely to drive and so far reliable. I had the older shape ducatos and had problems with the pipe that goes across the top of the engine fracturing and various hoses just going soft and giving out on the cooling side (2005-2012 era). In my RAF days when off shift I used to repair cars for people and fiats kept me busy. So probably not fair on current fiats as they may have well cleaned up their act. It seems to me that almost every fiat model is now a fiat 500 something haha

31. The lack of decent space for cups /bevergaes, the seat bealt over my neck (too high), the fuse of the 12v plug always fails, the constant search of a seating position (Recaros) that will not destroy my back, the unbelievable "horn"?, Seatbelt clicker creaking against seat. I thinks that's all....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  32. Sound system and it's the upgrade is shite
    Brake pedal is a rattler

This is on my 250, but I love it to bits it drives so good.

33. Did you get paid in doughnuts to repair peoples cars ha ha

34. Favours wink wink

35. I always knew that you fat techies were a dodgy bunch :blush:)

36. All I can say is trade group 1