Well that never lasted long.

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by EastEndRab, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Hello all, I hope everyone is well. So after 18 months of not owning a Megane RS I am back with my tail between my legs. I ended up trading the 250 in for a 335d and to be fair have enjoyed owning the car/boat. It's not the same though, not even close. No amount of torque or extra horses satisfies that Megane monster inside.
    In the market for preferably a 300 with decent spec but would go for a 280 if the spec were right. Depends on price tbh. I have seen a 300 at £28k and the 280 at £25k. Both 2019 models with around 15/20 on the clock and automatic.
    Opinions would be helpful if anyone has experience with both for comparison or either against the older 250. I'm swaying between being sensible with cash but at the same time I don't want to be looking at a 300 driving by thinking, what if.

2. I sold my 335D X-Drive, and got the Megane, even though I managed mid 11's quarters and 60 in 3.6 seconds, and i ploughed £3k in the chassis to make it handle better, (which it did, very well in the end) it was still a joyless commuter that was only ever fun surprising people with decent cars.

3. I was considering trying to tighten the Beemer up but as you say it's not cheap. And at the end of the day it's still not thrilling enough. I miss that crazy character of the Meganes.
    I've put a deposit down on a 280 with a cup chassis. I couldn't justify the 300 Trophy, no matter how much I want it. Trying to find out exactly how to find out if it has the Cup chassis. I remember on the 250 you could tell with the springs. Renault being no help either.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  4. Oh the car handled almost better than any car I owned once I sorted the chassis. The rear anti roll bar was 5mm and replaced with a 35mm one, in addition to all bushes, full suspension, ARBs front it was unbelievable. Sadly, even though the engine was excellent, it didn't shout. Hence boring.