Well I guess I'm going to attempt to pull the gearbox

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by StuOwen86, Oct 10, 2021.

1. During our trackday at Cadwell yesterday my dad kept grinding 3rd gear (he's usually ok tbf lol) and when I went out i was cautuious going into 3rd and it did feel like it wasn't behaving or as easy to find as it normally should (not drove it since August tho and it was about 18 months prior to that) didnt notice any slipping even trying it in 5th-6th and flooring it it just pulled slowly didn't rev up so I'm just assuming its 3rd gear playing up as it felt like it wasn't going in smooth even when I was focusing on making sure clutch was fully engaged and slowly selecting 3rd, Although stationary car will go all through the box and not make any noises engaing 3rd

Does anyone have a link that works as a rough guide incase I do have to attemt to remove it, Issue I have is the car isnt road legal so can run it up the road to test it lol ( I tried this one but no pic's https://www.meganesport.net/threads/ahh-french-reliability.41268/)

Can also hear just as we come over the mountain heading for Hall Bends 3rd makes an awful noise and he spins the car for extra drama lol