Weight

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by av4625, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Hi, wasnt sure where to put this.

I currently have a 197 clio for sprints and hillclimbs and a 275 as a road car.

I was thinking of getting another mk3 meg for sprints and hills as my clio is in the over 1700cc class and its not got enough power to match most of the top cars even though it does beat some that it shouldnt.

I want to keep the meg in the roadgoing class. This means i would have buckets, harnesses, half cage. I have to keep the door cards in the front and roof lining and back seats. But can strip the rest like carpet and sound deading speakers etc

What I am wondering is, what sort of weight would a car of that spec be? Would it be much better than the clio i have?

Thanks!

2. i can tell you one thing, whatever weight the car is, that extra big m won't help

3. What do you mean?

4. My 275 Trophy R with me in it and half tank of fuel weighs 1395kgs.

av4625 likes this.
  5. Hmm, Quite heavy then, my clio is about 1260kg with half a tank and me in it

6. But then it will have a lot more power and probably double the torque of the Clio.

av4625 likes this.
  7. And to be fair, 1400kg is no longer a heavy car. Its now a featherweight in the world of 2000kg cars

8. True story!

Mr Spoon likes this.
  9. My car is 1301kg.