R26 Weight watchers

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by eddie ninja, Feb 16, 2018.

1. So I removed the rear seat today and was easy as everyone said. Feels quicker and sounds great inside the car.

So do I need a lateral brace thing for track? Feels fine on road and only occasional track use - is a 2nd car.

Also thinking about bucket seats but again are these practical on the road - missus commutes one day a week in the Meg. Are the R26 Recaro’s still worth £6-700 as I always read? Would this cover cost of buckets/harnesses/fixtures etc?
    Cheers

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

No you don't they don't make a difference but it does look a bit better with one and a net in there

eddie ninja likes this.
  3. What about the seats? Any recommendation? Also can the harnesses bolt straight into the rear sat holes?
    Cheers

4. I have corbeau clubsports i think they are good, not been in many others though, as for the harnesses yes you can bolt them too what would have been the rear seat belt fixings, apart from one, the one is about 4 inches lower than the others, i made a plate up to move it back up.

5. Cool. What base did you get?

Got any pics bruv? :-)

6. Ktec ones

This is the only one i have, nobody wants to know whats inside, it's normally whats under the bonnet, going out for a drive tomorrow so can take some better pics if you want

20151128_155650_zpsdiqktior.jpg

7. No that’s perfect. Yep thinking Ktec are the way to go.
    What Corbeau seats are they? Price?
    Are they ok for the fuller figured gentleman...? I’m 36/38 waist :-)
    And did you sell your Trendlines to cover the cost?
    Questions questions

8. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

@Jon foz sells adaptors for aftermarket seats

Jon foz and eddie ninja like this.
  9. I think they are Clubsports, bought them 3 years ago and i think i paid £150 for the pair posted (ebay) i bought the XL ones and they fit nicely i am also 36 waist
    No the seats i took out are in my workshop, didn't know what they were apart from full leather, what are they worth, what do you think, i have rears as well and in good nick

10. Cheers Matt.

11. I just keep reading that the original Recaro trendlines are worth £5-600.

12. Ohh might sell them then, they are never going back in the car now and it will give me some money for fuel for track days :sunglasses:

eddie ninja and Mikey4410 like this.
  13. There's a guy (Alex?) on YT who shows you how to fit harnesses. i think his channel is something like performanceone. He's doen some good R26 vids but is currently distracted by modifying a Supra

eddie ninja likes this.