265 Water running out of boot latch / lock

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by cossie1, Mar 22, 2023.

1. As title, whenever it rains, if I open the boot afterwards, water seems to poor out of the boot latch / lock.

I recently had to pull the boot switch out, open it up and clean the contacts as water had got into it and stopped it working. That issue seems to be fixed now, but water still keeps coming out of the latch when it rains.

Any idea's where it's getting in and how to stop it ?

I did read a theory that it was from the rear wiper motor rubber grommet, but having inspected it, it seems in good condition and more importantly, when I peel the edges back it seems dry so I don't think it is getting in there.

But struggling to see where else water can get in from.

2. Good possiblity its the rubber, didnt think mine was the issue, until i stripped the panel off inside the boot and rub my finger underneath the rubber on the inside and was wet. Used exterior black sealant under the gromets lip all the way round and wiped excess off. Didnt do it again. Only other place would be the seal where the spoiler joins the boot lid.

3. Ok thanks for the reply, I guess I need to pull the panel off and take a look then.

4. Yes, take a tourch aswel, and maybe get someone to spray some water on whilst in there.

cossie1 likes this.