250 Water pump for turbo

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by noshadow, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Has anyone had any issues with the pump that's supposed to cool the turbo not working?

I had a track day yesterday and ten minutes into my second stint it threw up a "Check Injection System" message. Pulled in for a while then went back out and again after about ten minutes it started throwing up the message again. Called Rentec and decided to call it a day and have the car looked at.

When the car was plugged in there was two error messages showing, one which he said was a generic one and the other was relating to the water pump that cools the turbo. He tried to actuate it remotely on the laptop but it wouldn't run, in fact anything he tried to actuate on the ECU for the injection side of things wouldn't work. Just as a test he sounded the horn and actuated the ABS pump remotely so it only seems to be injection side which isn't responding. We suspect that while I was on track as the turbo got hot it tried to start the pump to cool it but it wouldn't run, hence the warning message.

I'll be putting the car back into the garage next week but just wanted to see if there was any common faults that might provide a heads up.