WANTED standard rs250 turbocharger

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Jordan Moyle, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Looking for a standard turbocharger for my megane 250 to replace my hybrid turbo

2. bump

3. do you sell the hybrid turbo?

4. Not at the moment i'm afraid mate, I was still going to keep it. If anything changes I will come back to you on here.

LoK28o likes this.
  5. How come you're looking at replacing the hybrid? Any issues? I was thinking of getting one... :smile:

6. It's fine, I bought the car with it on, it was done by RS tuning, but i'm going to be using the car mainly for track and I know 3 people with a similar set up to me, larger intercooler, bigger injectors, remap etc etc but on standard turbos. Their 300bhp is much more usable than my 350 when on track. And further to that it's a bit less strain on the drivetrain etc so a bit more peace of mind, I know people say the standard parts are good for 400 brake and 400 torque but there's a big difference between ragging it in a straight line on a road and ragging it around a track

7. Hey thanks for the reply. Makes sense though I would say have you thought aboutwheel & tyre choice and suspension set-up? - The 'ring' meganes GT Performance etc, seem to do well with 400HP. What about boost per gear? Maybe a clever remap could solve your problem?

8. Also, does the higher mass flow affect the spool time and lag compared to the original turbo? Road driveability degraded at all?

9. My mate thinks his standard one spools up a lot quicker, but i can't comment as it's all i know.But yer a new remap will be the starting point in general.
    Away the engine i'm going on Nankang AR-1s, standard wheels still, and KW Clubsport 2 ways. Also just bought some rear toe shims from Pure motorsport for the rear camber.

10. Nice mate. Would be so interesting to compare. I've just ordered some bits - my setup will be H&R lowering springs Silver project top mounts, OZ racing Ultraleggera wheels with 265 profile CUP 2 tyres, remap and midbox delete. I think the car could probably handle another 50hp then, but I'll see when I drive it...!