Wagner Competition Cooler RS250 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Mark_RS, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Evening all,

Not sure if anyone is interested in my thoughts on this as they're hardly scientific. I fitted the Wagner yesterday to a 2010 RS250 Cup that already has KTR induction, RS remap and KTR turbo back exhaust with sports cat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tonight is the first chance I've had to use it on some quiet dual carraigeway. Outside temp here in Surrey was an indicated 7deg. The first thing I notice is that the intake temp gauge on the RS Monitor is now a lot more active than it was with the stock cooler...it goes from <20 to around 32 in slow traffic areas. The interesting thing though for me is that under an indicated full throttle/boost in 3rd, 4th or 5th the temp almost instantly drops off to <20 and as soon as I start to drive slowly (less air travelling over the core obviously) it creeps up to 24 or so.

I'll have it dyno tested in a few weeks and have it on track in April, anyone else got similar stories/feedback with other cores?

MartijnGizmo, git-r and Nigelo like this.
  2. The Wagner intercooler I had for my 335i was awesome, cooled just as well as any other cooler but better designed in terms of fitment and less impact on airflow to other items.

3. Numbers you mentioned make sense. In hot weather and with the engine on stress, the Wagner should keep the AIT within 20C above ambient.

4. It's very interesting to watch that little gauge! Starting the car when it's sat the IAT is around 40 deg but then the second you start moving it drops and then when you really start moving it's <20 :smile:

5. The wagner looks a really nice made bit of kit, and looks like its a really good fit.
    I've head varying stories about them, but I'm not sure how much is truth, or keyboard warriors.
    I'm getting a prototype made for me, but i don't have RS monitor, so i need to come up with a neat installation for thermocouple probes on the inlet and outlet.

6. Interested to hear what varying stories you've heard? As always unless they're based on first hand fact and knowledge they're useless...god bless the internet.