VWTT 275 trophy

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by VW TT, Apr 29, 2017.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

No.

I'm telling you that they don't need a shit sounding 3" system to make power [emoji23]

James275 and Mish View like this.
  2. Haha well don’t worry I’m not buying the full exhaust anyway. Think I’ll try the decat on my standard Akra exhaust. Should sound good. I’ll add the Airtec but sell the intake and dv.

That should be a nice setup that gives a nice improvement in performance.

And I’ll stick with EFI and request a safe smooth map. They seem to be excellent at achieving just that.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Any advice on the engine parameters expected on track? Oil, intake, coolant temps....? Jut so I know what to look out for and what’s a problem. Thanks.

3. standard akra with a cgr decat sounds mega mate!
    Im running a hybrid at around 345bhp.
    dont waste your money changing the ehxaust, just decat.
    DV is a waste just get a profekt recirc for 90 odd quid. Standard one is more than up to the job.
    I run a ITG intake. keeps temps lower and sounds mega.
    I also run a airtec stage 1. good bit of kit.

4. Awesome thanks James for the advice.

Wished I’d bought the ITG. The intake I have picked up looks a bit homemade and I’m not convinced that it will be positioned well in the engine bay.

D7827A08-B4B4-432D-9495-2CDCA3D558A3.jpeg

5. 9F7C4DC2-BA02-49A6-BAEB-E875DA12386B.jpeg

6. AD02EB71-152F-4BB9-88F3-436A883F7392.jpeg

7. A wet Blyton ! So much fun. I have no more trackdays booked at the moment. :worried:(((( will be after Xmas I think now. Fancy doing Anglesey next time.

8. Your car looks great think il have to get them black renault badges for mine

9. Thanks, yes it finishes the front off nicely. Might get a front splitter as well maybe.

10. Akra exhaust can do max 370 HP.So at 360 you are right on the edge.

11. mmm yeah the itg goes under the battery and just behind the DRL

12. I’m wondering if there’s a way to extend the kit I’ve got so the cone sits behind the DRL. There must be a way. Or I could just buy the itg. Just seems a shame to not use what I’ve bought.

13. So sad today. Someone over the weekend has keyed my car. Drivers side from front to back. What a really stupid thing to do to someone’s car. I’ll never understand it.

And so now I’ll have an insurance excess to pay before Xmas. Brilliant :worried:

Gutted!

I wonder how they will deal with the trophy stripes......? Do Renault even supply them anymore....?

14. Sorry to hear that buddy theres some jealous scumbags out there.

15. There's some right A**holes out there. Where was it parked up when it was keyed

16. I had a car keyed once. I actually felt sorry for who ever had done it to my car.

17. Was just on the street outside my house. I’d moved it off the drive so my 80 year old mother in law who’d come to see us in her own car for the weekend wouldn’t have to worry about her car. Didn’t tell her this had happened.

18. Oh well it’ll fix. Just a bit off hassle sorting it.

19. That’s awful!

If Renault can’t supply the stripes, try http://www.jestercreation.fr/
    He supplied much better quality decals to replace the originals on my Trophy-R [emoji106]

20. That’s great. Thanks Timbo.

timbo likes this.
  21. nice to know people get jealous over a Renault :tearsofjoy: either that or your secretly knocking someones mr's off

22. Ha. No nothing like that going on.

23. So the car is getting fixed this next week and then I was planning on some more mods through the winter, HOWEVER........

.....a deal I just couldnt say no to came along on a car I’ve wanted for quite some time. So the Megane is going. I will be so excited to get my new car, but absolutely gutted to see the trophy go. :worried:

So the parts I had put together are for sale. I’ll put a proper for sale section post together but basically there is a set of 18” oz ultraleggera wheels with ad08r tyres in great condition, a brand new stage 1 Airtec intercooler just bought through the group buy, a Forge dv, a cold air intake, and a projector HID kit.

Any interest in the parts or the car let me know. (PM)

24. What have you bought.

I was looking at cars yesterday but your soon spending 10-20k on top of the megane.

25. M2 :smile:

26. So the Trophy is sold. Very sad. It was sold as the deal I was offered on the replacement car was just too amazing to turn down. But I just thought I’d say thanks for all the help I received from everyone on here whilst I owned the Megane. The car is truly epic and will be very much missed. And the forum is excellent, full of really helpful people with an amazing passion for everything Renaultsport.

Mish View likes this.
  27. 4B040CAF-6079-4E73-97F7-AB460260EBF0.jpeg

Mish View likes this.
  28. WOW.... it's like in "Friends"... The end of an ERA !!! .. at least you will always know, which is the best FWD hatchback :wink: .... cause i'm sure owning now a M2, will bring you into groups of ppl and meetings, where many guys will be peeing over FWD and french cars :wink: ... enjoy the new beast mate :smile: