Vin plate

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Ren225ultrablue, Feb 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rather than scrabble around in the dark, I'm trying to locate the vin plate in the engine bay. So far no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to it's location. Megane 225 f1 2006. Cheers.

2. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Look inside the drivers door on the B Pillar, around the door catch attached to the body. Should start VF1.

3. I'm guessing this is it. Just need to establish the correct colour of my car. It's a 2006 225 mk 2. Thought it was true blue, then iris blue and then ultra blue!! It's an odd one as it has full leather Recaros climate but no plaque on the handbrake column.

4. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Pretty sure it's Ultra Blue.

5. 20190212_182339.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Cheers. I'm sure that's now verified. However, from the attached, can you say what model it is or which variant of the 225. Hi back black leather Recaros and push button aircon on the car and keyless entry.

7. If you ever need to be totally sure the VIN is also held in the ECU and is accessible via the ODBII port with a Bluetooth reader, a smartphone and an App such as Torque.

A lot of vehicles also have the vin etched into the windscreen [Lower Nearside]

I have one there but cannot read it as a parking permit has slipped down from the dash :laughing:

8. Ha ha, yes, mine has all shrivelled up in the sun!!! I found the original documents from Dieppe and the colour is definitely ultra blue. However, with full leather hi back Recaros, keyless entry and touch button air con, which derivative of a 225 is it?? An f1, a cup or a lux?

Attached Files:

9. I believe that the hiback full leather recaro interior was available as the LUX pack dealer option. the keyless entry was an option on all variants, and the touch button AC panel was standard on Ph2 models, post 2006.

With the change between phases you can also see the last of the earlier Phase get addons by the factory or dealer to "shift stock", ready for the shiny New phase

The problem is that with any "special" vehicle range such as the 225 you have the addons that are provided to the first owner, by the dealer/factory and you have those fitted by the owners themselves there are I'm sure a number of vehicles fitted with the LUX pack Recaros, by the owner (performance cars do sometimes get written off)

10. Many thanks for the input.