Vibration/wobble though steering wheel when manoeuvring

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Space Cadet, Oct 2, 2017.

1. As above really, I only notice it when just manoeuvring slowly, say around my drive, it’s not all the time or very noticeable, just the occasional wobble as if the steering-wheel shakes a couple of times.

It doesn’t matter whether the steering-wheel is straight or not, therefore I don’t think it’s when the wheels are turned and may be the diff (LSD) is causing it or because of sticky tyres.

It doesn’t feel like brakes or tyres/wheels, but more the steering-column, but presumably something is causing it.

Anyone else have/had this issue please?

Thanks

2. Any help would be greatly appreciated......

3. my steering hasnt been right for a long while.
    Nothing like the turn in it had before,and a slight shimmying through the steering wheel while cornering..no confidence it will turn in anymore,while before you knew the car had more grip than i had talent.

Going to change everything on the rack,and do the steering bush for a start.
    I hate problems like this, it literally could be anything, from bushes,shocks,droplinks or the rack itself.
    Tyres are wearing clean and even,so i dont think its tracking.

4. sen

sen

Does this only happen when you’ve started the car?

5. Thanks, I cant confirm for certain, but I think yes it may. Will double-check next time I'm in it. Why....??

6. sen

sen

They all do it. Someone on here said it’s something to do with the abs.
    Happens when you move off after starting the car.

7. Thanks mate, much appreciated. Will double-check next time I'm out but I'm pretty certain its just once I've started it up and am moving it about the drive.

8. if its a quick shudder on start up..its the abs test