Vibe Micro Class D Amp

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Jimmy Lam, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Hello,

Anybody have experience with the vibe powerbox 65.4?
    I followed a micro amp guide from another member but back then the Pioneer Gm-D1004 was the one to get but now it's discontinued.

Ideally would like to follow the same guide as it neatly tucks the amp in the glove compartment.

TIA

2. Didnt know they stopped making them. Explains why the ones left have gone up in price. Vibe am pretty decent, so shouldnt be a bad amp. Looks like an improvement over the pioneer, has there is a remote output and rca outputs to run a sub or other amps. But looks like you may have to be the guinea pig, and try one and report back.

3. Just followed the original guide and it was extremely helpful could've done with a few more pictures but very straight forward.

Sound has improved and there is more backbone but still not quite there. Livable for the time being :smile:
    I think I will say though is the correct connects2 harness is CT10RT5, CT10RT02 which was suggested to me fits but does not include the mic output from your phone so when someone calls, they won't hear you. This is obvious as there are 2 empty slots in the connects.

Attached Files:

4. Yeh thats why i said unplug the two plugs from from the main plug and plug into the two empty ones on the new loom, removes alot of unnecessary cable.

5. They don't fit in the holes of the other plug that goes into the back of the stereo though. I spoke to one member and he to make it fit by cutting it wider.

6. I got ya, maybe the loom without the cables is has different design/smaller holes, the loom i had, had the looms and plugs with it, but with all the cables there, and only using the 3 wire on each, i unplugged both lots to save space and moved it over.

7. Get yourself an under seat sub. Should improve it abit more.

8. What setup did you go for? for ease I'm tempted to just upgrade the current door speakers and hope it'll suffice.

9. Upgrading the speakers should help alot to go with the amp. Did my tweeter and door speakers and used foamed tape to make sure stuff didnt rattle. Changed the rears to two ways and fitted a surface mount tweeter aswell, and sound matted the speaker plate in. I used an old underseat sub from my old car (pioneer) and then a second hand one of the same model popped up local on ebay, so got one under each recaro seat. Just used them fuse splitter things, for power and remote. The under seat subs brackets line up perfect with standard holes underneath, so fitted some blind nuts, which are abit crap so eventually will swap for jack nuts. Olny thing is it restricts the height adjustmane on the seats.

Jimmy Lam likes this.
  10. Wow you went all the way, would love to hear what your setup sounds like!
    A lot of people just stop at an amp and a sub.

Did you just use self taping screws for the front speakers on the speaker bracket??

11. Nah, used blind nuts on them and used m5 or m6 flanged alan pins i think.

Jimmy Lam likes this.