#Under8

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Will., Apr 16, 2014.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Good effort on the GT3 Shaun, 997?

Wise move looking for something else as 997 prices are going one way and that is up!

2. Dan

Dan

Speak to the London director - Boyd Denell

3. Yeah 997.2, white/red.. but I honestly feel the Trophy-R will give me a pretty close experience..

Had news from the dealer just now, I apparently do have an allocation, it's 99% certain.. but still no chassis number because I want white with the black roof that takes longer to confirm for some unknown reason, I should get confirmation next week they say.. Fingers crossed! (Something still smells fishy though to me)

On that basis I'm off to Goodwood to test drive it tomorrow :smile: I'll report back

Credit to Paul at West London, he seems to have turned the situation around today after let's just say I threw my toys out of the pram so to speak!

4. Great news looks like a positive step. Enjoy tomorrow and get some pics!

5. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

They are trying to match your order in the distribution department as we speak. As you say, your order is pretty much in the bag.

I will be meeting you at the gates of Goodwood tomorrow to give you your tickets. Will be nice to put a forum name to a face!

Hope you enjoy your run up the hill. It will be a pretty special experience.

6. Great news :smile: yesterday was frustrating, but hopefully things are working out today.. The car is worth the effort I think, hence I was being so persistent (although West London probably think I'm a pain in the rear).. looking forward to meeting you tomorrow then, just managed to blag the morning off work and now lining up the train down there, don't want to miss this opportunity to run up the hill :smile:

7. Great stuff, looking forward to seeing some pics :cool:

8. great news mate, enjoy!

p.s can I have a passenger ride when you get it!?

9. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Great news shaun get some pics up from goodwood :smile:

10. Will do...

11. Goodwood front wheel drive production car record perhaps :wink:

12. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Nah honda will beat that...

13. It been long since hinda made a car wordy

14. Thanks to Luke for sorting out my run up the hill with Laurent Hurgon today, the car definitely met my expectations.. i just have everything crossed now to hope my "99%" allocation turn to 100%! else i'll be gutted.. i did wander by the AMG stand to look again at the A45, and it now seems a little too "safe" for my liking :smile:

Laurent was fantastic, he explained loads about the car during the ride and he seemed pleased I was going for the Nurburgring spec :smile:

Here are some pics, the best I could do with my camera skills!

DSC03530.jpg
    DSC03536.jpg
    DSC03542.jpg
    DSC03567.jpg
    DSC03570.jpg

15. the rest..

DSC03575.jpg
    DSC03490.jpg
    DSC03501.jpg
    DSC03506.jpg
    DSC03523.jpg

16. one more..

DSC03527.jpg

17. So can the suspension be changed in the cabin via the rs monitor or do you need to jack it up?

18. Not from inside, but it doesn't need to be jacked up - you can reach to rear ok, but the front needs full lock on the steering to reach around the wheel

Laurent will be providing some baseline setting for different conditions, track types etc

He also said front height was adjustable 10mm

19. Honda might beat it when they eventually get round to releasing the new type r

20. It's got to be said in a few of those long distance shots I don't like it, looks too busy with all it's clashing colours and very large graphics up the rear quatre.

Although maybe I'm just jealous because I'd love to test drive one!

21. Ah, id love one, are the seats nice!?

The only thing i hate, that diamond, christ, bigger than my head!

22. Nah

23. I so want the wheel bags lol

24. They do look mega smart .. Bet the cost a few quid

25. Should be on a stage telling jokes like that

26. Fixed buckets, very supportive, only used the seat belt, but I had no complaints - no better or worse than the buckets in my current car.

They are height and rake adjustable, with some tools :smile:

First Renault I've ever been in, my only negative is that some of the plastics are a bit.. errrrr.. plastic! and carbon looking vinyl material didn't really do it for me but these are minor aesthetic things.

Agree on the badge, it's a bit super-sized but seems to be a trend across all manufactures.

27. Renault are'nt plasticy inside it was just because you were in the trophy R. Weight saving and all that...

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Lol what? They are plasticy inside but that's to be expected from a non premium marque

29. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

I thought the cabin was a really nice place to be. Materials used for seats, steering wheel, gear knob etc all felt nice and well made. Bucket seats were comfortable and I liked the driving position as well. Hopefully I'll be able to test drive the non-R version soon.

30. It is not Porsche, so don't expect too much.

31. And I thought the 265 was a massive improvement interior wise to past Renaults! For the love of god don't get in a 172 then!

32. I'm being very-very picky :smile:

33. Having just passengered 5 8min laps 7:54 from this megane is truely impressive. Seat and Honda will be hard pushed to beat it with similar power figures! I wonder what bhp they will be.