#Under8

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Will., Apr 16, 2014.

1. I was told by Ren Birmingham that they'll contact me on Tuesday with more info as they didn't know much about the car options etc.

Was looking forward to tomorrow putting my deposit down on one.

2. Luke does any body know how many of the normal 275 trophys there will be? The dealer was unsure about that also.

3. Why don't you get 275 without R, but with optional suspension, wheels, and then rid off rear seats, buy Recaros or Sparco buckets, harnesses, and proper cage. You may have the same amount of fun, if not more :-)

4. But it won't be one of only thirty cars so there for won't be 'special', just another modified car
    Although I do agree with you mate

5. And it will drop in value like a stone if it's the normal 275

6. Nah!!

7. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

The UK have an allocation of 30.

8. I thought the 30 cars are the striped out trophy R not the normal 275 trophy. Did you checkthat all the 30 trophy R cars have been sold??.

9. 30 of the trophy r, unlimited on the trophy

10. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

Sorry I miss read your post. As Ryan said above. 30 trophy R's and no number on Trophy's.

Will get back to you on your latter question, today is a bit hectic.

11. Honda wont beat it.

12. Be nice to see Ford involved as well...

13. 2ltr Turbo, 280bhp + never say never :wink:

14. agreed the seat looks dull as dishwater. haven't they got the 'cupra R' to release like previous versions?

the honda in concept form looked sick but then the bloke said most of the fancy parts wont make it onto the actual car...why not!?

honda has something to aim at now although ignoring the 275.r time, honda said they had got close to the 265 trophy time and that was set like 4 years ago. just a bit behind the times for me.

15. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

All of the Megane Renaultsport Trophy-R's for the UK have been sold.

Customers who have registered interest with their local dealers will be contacted should their be any order cancellations.

16. Luke thanks for your feed back. I did just happen to pop into the local WV dealers today after work, Golf R looks cheap all of the sudden, , , im tempted.

17. :confused: Do you really like Golf R? It looks just boring as washing machine.

18. agreed

19. +1

20. So I placed my deposit at West London on the 16th June, I had it confirmed I was first to place one at that dealership. Yesterday (official order day) i'm told i have an allocation but no chassis number yet... today I push for a chassis number and what do you know it turns out I have no allocation after all but the guy who placed his deposit after me has an allocation and chassis number... what a bunch of jokers... the best bit is they tell me it was a randomised allocation and unfortunately I missed out... was I born yesterday, err no... they are covering for an ordering error so looks like i'm missing out... very annoying, but i've not given up yet

Anyone else heard of this randomised allocation?

21. I should have said this is for a Trophy-R (Nurburgring spec)

22. I feel for you. Anything like should be done on a first come first served basis! I agree with you and think the dealership you went to are trying to pull the wool over your eyes!

23. It's my first dealing with Renault, could well be the last... it's the concept of what the car is i'm mad about, not the brand and this experience just reinforces what so many people told be about Renault. Anyway i'll try hard tomorrow but it it's not going to happen it's not the end of the world I suppose.

The funny thing is they had lined me up a drive at Goodwood this Thursday (moving motor show)... Great!

24. I bought my previous car, Laguna mk3 Initiale from London West. I had couple of issues with them. However my friends bought Micra in the same place and all experience was smooth.

25. If i were you i'd seriously think about making a complaint to the dealer principle. It may not help with you getting the car you want but a few heads may roll!!

26. I don't think so. It is separate company Renault Retail Group. They will do what they want.

27. Within the dealership!!! It seems like there has been an error within the dealership rather than with renault!

28. Ha.. yeah, so I got the West London Dealer Principle's name and contact number from the "Senior Sales Exec" that I was talking to called George, this is the guy who had come up with this "Random Allocation" mumbo jumbo... I called the number provided at the end of the day because no progress had been made and Croydon dealership reception answered the phone!!.. jokers... Apparently the Dealer Principle at West London is call Lee Maserati so I will in touch with him tomorrow as well as Renault UK Customer Services

I might be coming across as a bit bitter.. that's because I am! I'd cancelled my A45 AMG order for this on the basis I was told I was first to order at the dealership so would be expected to get the allocation. Loved the A45 btw, but just not raw enough on reflection and it's a "raw" car I want

29. Sounds like you have been fed an unbelievable amount of bull shit!! I personally would prefer the A45 AMG but that just me! Check this video out, this is a little more raw than standard A45 AMG

http://youtu.be/Ln8h-pYktXE

30. Like.. could be an option, plan B.

31. Christ those A45s are nice, can't see why you would want a Renault megane over one of those, other than the price that is

32. A45 AMG is an amazing car, always a fall back option

goes to show renault marketing works and these .R's really did sell. All the best Shaun, I would be escalating to Renault UK as they will have final say over allocation

33. Only a fall back option if you've god a shite load more cash, with the right spec you'll need 50k

34. If their all sold you won't get one

35. I had the "right" spec lined up for an A45 I think, white, aero pack, perf exhaust, perf suspension, perf steering wheel, 19' black alloys... with discount it was £41K'ish for September delievery...

Shame... the Trophy-R in white, pure Nurburgring spec with red wheels would have been a nice "mini me" for my GT3 RS (also white with red wheels/stickers).. never mind, maybe two focussed cars is too much.. hmm... or maybe an R26R could do the job, arguably more hardcore.. proper cage, carbon roof and perspex windows... hmmm

36. You have a GT3 RS?? I have no sympathy for you now lol :tongueout:

37. did u get a discount on the 275. R? Perhaps the person after you paid more hence their 'random' selection of more profit!

in other news, gt3 rs is pukka

38. nah.. never discussed it, assumed i'd pay list, so maybe some others paid more??? Can't imagine that though

yeah GT3 has been mega for past 3 years, used as intended :wink: but now its time to give it a rest you see and values are gone silly, hence my attachment to the Trophy-R, definitely a car in the same spirit that I can use as a daily(well weekends as i get train to work) and track fun, anyway I resigned myself now to missing out now... and i've spent the whole night looking at alternatives on the classified, but nothing! that trophy-r was the car for me.. oh well, maybe I just take them up on the offer and go Goodwood to drive it for the hell of it