#Under8

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Will., Apr 16, 2014.

1. Good stuff, early morn or late night prob best for traffic. PM me your new number think ive got your old work one still

2. Iv been talking to Motoline Maidstone, iv been told by two sales blokes and have emails that say they can not order the rs275r yet as no sales or order codes from Renault yet. They are saying they got 3 people showing interest.

3. see they have gone for the god awful adjustment under the hub again!

4. this is interesting,
    in the comparisin of the two (steel vs epoxy)
    epoxy has much lower young moduli (modul of elasticity, ie for the same force on identical shape epoxy will deform more)
    in consicuence to previous + some other things epoxy can be deformed more than steel before braking (there is no permanent deformation in epoxy as like in steel that you can bend it and it stays like that after the force that bent it is removed)
    epoxy is much better regarding fatigue cracking and also much less brittle than steel. (these are for epoxy fiberglass composite i was just lazy to type all that)

anyway very interesting aproach :smile: and there is yet very much to be discover and/or implemented of composites in our world as they are very superior to any metal.
    ie for the same force resistance carbon epoxy composite is 8 times lighter than steel, 6 times than aluminum aloy, 4 times than magnesium aloy...

5. cool, thanks for that, learn something new everyday!

6. More phones calls from Motoline Maidstone, orders can be taken from this monday the 23rd for both cars. Im down in the afternoon after work for a chat :smiley:

7. No camber adjustment on the struts either.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Camber is adjusted on the Top Mounts on any MRS3 Coilover, I would imagine that the top mounts that come with the Ohlins have been optimised to run a bit more camber than normal if they are not adjustable

9. Yes, it look as if it's got standard rubber non-adjustable top mounts in the picture, not pillowball though

10. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

uzehe4ub.jpg

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ah they are finally bringing the GT220 to the UK! Im more excited about that than the other two LOL!

12. Thats what i was told by the dealership in maidstone yesterday Ash.

13. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Ash, make sure you only turn the monitor off and not the actual pc.

14. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

yeah thats the release all deanships got..

Will i had to make that as 1. The comp is shit and 2. People dont fucking remember what i tell them!

15. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

I like how the arrow is the other end of the label. Couldn't you have made it a longer label?

16. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Involves effort, i drew the arrow on as some didnt know how to turn the screen off. Tards.

17. I will go for gt220 estate. It will suit me perfectly.

18. Haven't been here for a while but for the new NS fwd record and the trophy r version I gotta say - SOME OF US TOLD YOU SO!!!!! :smile: so here we go, Alpine rwd 2016, hope they won't screw this one up..

19. Any prices on these yet I would like the gt 220

20. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I wouldn't get too excited, at the end of the day it isn't really a mass produced road car, it's a limited run with some trick parts. if it was a normal spec road car like the old Trophy then the record would be worth more.

let's see Honda take it with the new CTR in full road spec

21. I'm just saying that the majority here did not believe RenaultSport will produce such a car with those mods as a successor of R26R even when close to the source guys wrote down the specs.. Well on the other hand you can buy a mass produced 275 Trophy with almost all the extras so it's not that limited. And from the 275 Trophy R owner view I'd say it's good decision Renault is going to make only 250 of the 275 Trophy R.

Cupra, Honda and I don't know what will come next, are a one generation younger that this good old chap. Take a look how fast was R26R and how the 265 Trophy on a shitty potenzas smashed him by 10s. So I'd not worry about the new generation in terms of pure speed (300hp blink blink), but I'm afraid it will lose the fun and feel and purity of this generation. It will be the same story like it is with Clio RS now, and from what I've heard they will have A LOT in common in terms of construction and marketing target group. We do have the new Clio RS at home, my mom drives it, it's fast but my mom drives it and she would never drive my 265 and she would never consider buying the old Clio RS.

22. I hardly think the 265 Potenzas are 'shitty' or at least they don't want to be for the prices I pay for them!

There are also rumours of a more driver focused mk4 Clio RS with brembos, recaros and a proper manual box!

23. I see Subaru took the Isle of Man TT lap record with a 2015 wrx sti, , now that's a record i would like to see Renault attack with a Trophy R.

24. I was at the TT last year and I'd of loved to have a go in the meg! Especially on the mountain section because it's one way traffic!

25. Just got back from Motoline Renault Maidstone, all the trophy 275R are gone sold out by 10o/c this morning i was told, "SHIT".

26. Maybe said that because they've not got one and not been alicated any

27. He got the word from Renault marketing when he was asking for me what colours i could have, message come from them that they had all been sold.

28. It's amazing what a bit of clever marketing can do, shows the true power of the nurburgring to the petrol head!

Wont deny I'm not jealous, 30 lucky people are going to have some very nice motors!

29. Jealous is not the word id use Ben, pizzed off is more like it, never thought they would go in a day. Maybe someone on here with a link to Renault can confirm this, so i know im not being given a load of salesman flannel.

30. I've heard 10 are coming to The Netherlands, maybe get em LHD?

31. agreed.

knew they would sell like hotcakes!

32. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I know of 3 people that have orderered them in full Record lap Spec, Looking forward to them being delivered, Can't say i would pay what they have though, Talking proper performance car for the money but for two of them its just another "toy"

33. Epic. Anyone know of anyone with one down south? I wana go!

34. I know someone that aint got one, , , , ME!!!!

35. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

I checked at 1pm how many we had sold and it was not the total allocation. I'd be extremely surprised if we moved the remaining units by COP.

Ill check my reporting tomorrow morning.

36. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

Are you interested in buying one?

37. I am! Are they all sold?!!! :worried:

38. Yes i am, thats why went to the dealership in maidstone, i got my last two rensport cars from a dealer orpington who when i rung had never heard of a 275 trophy , R or other wise. Let me know what you hear please. Thanks

39. Ps. I was at the dealers at about half three Luke