250 Uncommon strong knocking (clicking) noise

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by maXX_CZ, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Hello there,

i have searched this forum for couple hours and didn't come up with anything similar. After timing belt change my car started to start a bit unstable when cold, very high revs even rare misfire. But only, when it stopped for good amount of time... days. When i drove it even few meters suddenly everything was ok, even when cold. Then i went on trip, no abusing and car suddenly came up with strange noise.
    I hear strong knocking noise from the engine, whether it is in idle or if i accelerate. BUT once i do engine braking it suddenly stops (or is significantly more silent, i can't tell while driving the car).
    Clutch pressed or not does not make any difference. Short clip of what is going on:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rzlL7t78BsE

My mechanic thought it's crankshaft (hope i translate it correctly to English) or connecting rod, basically anything which can be seen from underneath the car if you strip the engine. Everything was fine, the engine oil looks very slightly polluted tho. Then we inspected head with cams (top of engine), all fine.

Anyone with similar experience can point me to right direction?