Tyres for 2019 RS280

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Ash280, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Hi everyone.
    I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, I was struggling to get the ‘new post’ button to work anywhere but here.
    I drive a Mégane RS280 (not cup) and I think my Tyres need replacing. The Tyres I have on it at the moment are the Bridgestone from new in 19inch guise. They seem ok, but it I wouldn’t say they are the most confidence inspiring and want something grippier - or is this as good as it gets? I’ve looked at Super Sports but they’re like £200 each minimum. If you have any advice on tyres - please let me know.
    The 19s in black look nice, but I’d have been happy with 18inchers and I’m sure I’d have saved a few quid with new Tyres.
    Thank you in advance for reading and replying :smile:

2. I run Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 6's on my R26, they are now also my wet track day tyre, i did Donington in the dry, but cold, they held up really well, so pushing on on the road won't be a problem

3. Just changed my Goodyear Eagle super sports for asymmetric 6’s. Pretty impressed with them.

4. RS 280 Cup owner. Just put a set of Continental SportContact 7's and they are simply great. Had the Pilot Sport 4 on from the previous owner but the new Conti's are excellent and they were fairly well priced.