265 Tyre pressure sensors absent warning

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by rick293, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Hi all,

I was driving my 265 home and the tyre pressure warning and spanner illuminated/flashing and saying tyre pressure sensors absent.

It is reading all tyre pressures apart from the passenger side front. Is it usually a sensor fault?

I have Clip but haven’t got it plugged in yet to see what it’s saying.

Thanks,
    Rick.

2. This halappened to me recently but my tps broke off and was I between my alloy and tyre, could hear when driving slowly. got the tyre shop to replace the sensor all good now

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

3. Odd that. At least you knew what it was. Did your new sensor need coding?

The wee car on the screen is only showing 3 wheels now. I may order a new sensor at the start of the week! Just after I treated her to a new RS gear knob today!

4. If you get a genuine Renault one it won't need coding, mine was a aftermarket one that tyre place had in stock they needed to code it. I've been looking at that gear knob got the horrible stock one atm.

rick293 likes this.
  5. Yeah mine was also showing 3 wheels , probably just a faulty sensor think the batteries go on them overtime

rick293 likes this.
  6. I've disconnected the battery for a while, haven't reconnected it yet but I believe this can be a band aid fix until it happens again, without replacing the sensor.

7. Did the light go out ?

8. Went out. Picked up the sensor for an hour and fault has returned. New sensor ordered from Renault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk