Tyre pressure sensor absent after dyno run

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by keestar1994, May 22, 2021.

1. Hi guys just had my car on the dyno , as soon as I started driving home I had a braking system fault abs light my abs still works and when I turn the ignition on now it says I have tyre pressure sensor absent. It’s the drivers side, any ideas on what could be wrong ? Did the dyno cause it to have a fault code ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. the ABS warning is probably when strapping car down knocked one of sensor cables, they're not the strongest of cables and fail after few years, just need CLIP or similar to indicate which side, also to note the cables are handed so cant interchange sides

keestar1994 likes this.
  3. Thanks for the reply the abs light has now gone off after going on another drive, just have the tyre pressure sensor absent now

4. ABS might come back as now probably intermittent but easy change, is it one tyre sensor or two ?? how olds car ??

5. 1 tyre front right , it’s a 2010 plate

6. Abs light is because of the front wheels moving when the rears dont, it resets after abit of driving, they all do it. With the tyre try deflating the tyre and pumping back up. This can reset the sensor.

keestar1994 likes this.
  7. Cheers mate will give this a try [emoji106]

8. Turns out the tyre pressure sensor broke off and was in between the tyre and alloy 3b8fcf2652cf0bdfc43e6bb78ee2a310.jpg