R26 Tx autosport intercooler?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by charlie1984, Oct 9, 2013.

1. I havent used that one but its a universal so may be a bit fiddly to fit. Core size seems decent enough at 65mm

2. The guy on ebay has it up at £80 with hoses etc.. looks a good fit... but brand new they're £80 so think I might pass... its not such a bargain as I thought lol

3. Oh didnt realise its bar and plate too, not tube and fin yeah i'd give it a skip theres french intercoolers on ebay from gt performance (the french k-tec from what i hear) around 260ish straight fit or chinese ones from around 150-180 direct fit

4. Straight over my head lol... yeah I've kept a watchful eye on the gt performance ones.. there was a groupbuy on thwm not long ago but I missed out...

5. All of the direct fit intercoolers i've seen including the gt performance ones are tube and fin.

Its just the type of the design used. Bar and plate are stronger (They'l survive more stones thrown at them and take more boost) but arent suited as much for track work as theres more metal in them to absorb heat, their good for short quick runs like 1/4 miles as they stay cooler but get hotter than tube and fin types with prolonged use due to the heatsoak into the metal.

At least thats what i read - i was looking into it before buying an intercooler myself.

I ended up getting a cheapo chinese one in the end, i havent fitted it yet but it don't look too bad tbh!

6. Got a link? Just curious to see :smile: