Turn off passenger airbag on Trackdays!

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Pricey, May 23, 2020 at 8:49 PM.

1. Lockdown day at Snetterton I was enjoying myself so much I decided to put my 250 into the armco. I could have saved myself a new windscreen and new dashboard if I had turned off the passenger airbag. The switch is just to the right of the steering wheel/dash, revealed when you open the door. When the passenger airbag goes off it tears a huge hole in the dashboard material and smashes the windscreen, nice, not.

2. That’s not good to hear! Sounds like it’s repairable though?

Any pics?

Attached Files:

4. Ouch!

I actually meant a picture of the disable air bag button. I went looking for mine but it’s possible that Australian market ones don’t have that feature.

5. Hope the attached photo matches Oz versions?

Attached Files:

DOOOOK likes this.
  6. Thanks for that. We have a blank there so clearly not a feature that’s allowed under our ADR laws.

7. Ouch, very sorry to see this. I just checked mine and it doesn't have the switch either, just a blanking.

How did you end up in the armco if you don't mind me asking?

8. cant say have ever seen AB disable switch anywhere on 250/265/275