Turbos given up the ghost!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Worbz83, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Was driving back from Goodwood this afternoon after a good morning out with friends and family and my 225 started smoking like a gooden . White smoke is pouring out the exhaust and air filter and just about nursed her home from Guildford. Guess this is the oil seals? If so can I rebuild the turbo or is it a new one?
    1e63ab6daae9790a8746acc7a3c332c0.jpg f28b0ee67062f0099ca863d3027a7eb2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Pictures are screenshots taken from a video.

3. Yeh that's fubared.

new/recon turbo time.

4. Thought so, shame as was having a good day out on some good b roads. Glad it was on the way back!

5. cheer up! best chance to go with a 15T :wink: btw how many miles on the car?

6. Someone selling one for £150 on fb. not sure if he's on here? Andy Bond I'm sure his name is.

7. Yep he's on here I'll text and tell him if you want

8. I've text him so expect a pm

9. Just turned over 75000 miles. Been talking to Mark Black and hoping to get mine rebuilt and hybrided in the new year

10. Thanks Steve1, can't do much until the new year because of Christmas n other things going on

11. that's sad! My turbo died at 85000...with about 30.000 of them with a BPC2 perf box =(

12. It is sad but it is what it is... Excuse for a few upgrades and a map so may be a blessing.