1. Hi guys was just wondering what sort of signs would you get if ur turbo was on its way out as I had a bit of steam coming out from the back on my bonnet after I had gave the car some stick and slight smell of coolent could this be on of the signs?

2. Got loos of power?, less psi´s?, smoke coming out what color?

3. I had loss of power from the original spike tht was 18 psi now only spikes to 16 but still holds a bar strong the smoke is white I spose

4. Or youre engine, or the turbo are drinking collant :worried: , u must go and check it, Compresion test to the cilinders first.
    Don´t push to hard the turbo till u know what it is. Colud be from a leaking seal to a mechanic problem

5. The engine was only re built 4 thousand miles ago its not loosing coolent what I can see

6. lol that sounds like another rebuild.it did the same to me 3 times in a row hence why i got rid of it.i dont even think the dude from forge could fully sort it out either

7. What makes u say tht mate cuz the oil is fine and the antifreeze is not going down its doesn't seem to be down on power earthier

8. as a quick one is the seal on the bulkhead and sound deadening back where it should be???

9. How could I check for sure then to rule tht out

10. see if the fire wall is sagging near the turbo.it used to let water into the turbo when i had it

11. If you have any coolant leak into the engine, you would see the dreaded 'mayonnaise' on the oil filler cap. When the engine is cold, take the oil filler cap and look at the bottom of it. If it is covered in white gunk then coolant has leaked, and it don't take much to point to a problem beginning so you might not notice on the reservoir level.

12. Thats not strictly true. When the climate changes from warm to cold you tend to get a little mayo under the oil cap due to condensation.

Typical signs are loss of coolant, lumpy running , loss of power and white steam out of the exhaust.

You can always take the car to a garage for a sniff test if needed.

13. Done a compression test and they were all in the green any other ideas

14. The car is not loosing antifreeze or using oil but is down 2 psi but still holding a bar as it should the spike is just not as high

15. Just re read the first post. You have the signs and symptoms of a bust rad. I bet its leaking at the only point you cant really see ..

I confirmed mine by going out on a cold night , warming the engine and then braking hard. I saw a little steam come out of the front grille.

16. Brand new forge rad mate less than a month old mate this is driving me mad lol the rad won't effect my boost tho that's another one of the probs :-(

17. Very true! Thankfully it doesn't appear to be the problem :smile: