R26 Turbo oil feed pipe seal

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by james.moseley.37, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Evening folks,

I’m in the process of putting my engine back together following a rebuild and a few upgrades. The turbo is a standard 14T that has been machined etc to a hybrid. I bought a Renault turbo seal kit which seems to cover all the oil supply seals, however, I can’t find where the tiny green O-ring should go.

Has anyone got experience of this? I’ve attached the only photo I can find with the oil feed hose in situ - I’ve noticed that it has a braided section which doesn’t seem to match a standard mk2 one. I wondered if it is a mk3 pipe or similar, and this might explain the lack of O-ring.

Any pointers welcome!

IMG_7748.jpeg

2. part of the high pressure oil line. nr 5

Attached Files:

james.moseley.37 likes this.
  3. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

There are two types of fixings for the oil feed to the turbo, the kit will contain both, so discard what isn't needed

4. No o ring on the early ones. Only on the later type which is on mk3 rs as far as i know.

5. Thank you for all the comments. Something that I probably should have mentioned in the original post is that I never came across the small green o-ring when I disassembled. I found the photo below which shows the HP side fitting as it came out of the turbo - doesn’t match the schematic posted above. Rather than having a recess for an o-ring, it is more like a tapered cone fitting union. Hopefully I’m safe to assume that this is the type that needs no seal and therefore I can do as suggested with the green o-ring and the bin!

IMG_0697.jpeg

6. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

That's a tapered fit fitting, no "O" ring required

james.moseley.37 and michael360 like this.
  7. Ta muchly.