R26 turbo/downpipe stud missing

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by rTEM, Feb 23, 2015.

1. hi, a month ago i replaced my down pipe with a sports cat at a local garage, few day ago i started smelling exhaust fumes in the cabin, 2 of the nuts where loose and the 3. one the hard one at the back is missing with the stud, i have tightened the two, cleaned the carbon deposit and the smell stopped,today i checked again and there is no deposit, car is my daily, my question is, how safe is it to drive with 2 suds/nuts only, how big of job is it to put the stud back? does the turbo need to come out? where to get one? need some advice plz, thanks, rt

2. TBh i'd be taking it back to the garage, you paid for a job and it hasn't been done properly. They probably snapped one removing them and bodged it.
    Don't think its too big a job just fiddly

IIRC the nuts/studs are a ridiculous price too from Renault, over £100

3. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

they are standard size exhaust studs.

I lost one of mine before christmas, it was fiddley but I wound a new stud and nut on without removing anything.

4. Pretty certain it was the the turbo to manifold fitting kits that were stupid priced?

As Gray said the downpipe studs are just standard exhaust studs

5. Thanks for the replay, will try to do it myself, thanks again