Turbo chatter

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by LozzaB, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Hi guys,

Has anybody of here got a r26 with just a blanking plate fitted? How loud is the turbo flutter?

I've just fitted a blanking plate to mine and the flutter is really quiet!
    I was expecting it to be quite loud so have I done something wrong?

Cheers

Laurance

2. If I remember rightly there's two videos on YouTube. Also I think it helps if you do the air box mod

3. as above either the airbox mod or fitting a cone filter will make it much louder :tongueout:

4. But yea you could say I have just a blanking plate fitted and flutter is loud.. If you have airbox it will be very quiet

5. OK cool, I've just got standard airbox setup on it so probably explains why it's quiet.

Cheers guys

6. I have the forge recirc valve with yellow Spring and an induction kit. Sounds ace and certainly loud enough

7. tempted to replace the recirc for a straight pipe temporarily and drive around with flutter ... !

8. Once blanking plate fitted. What did you do with small attached pipework. Is that blanked off too?
    (4mm vacuum pipe I think)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  9. Blanked that vac pipe too..

10. Thanks. Did you just take the T piece out?

11. Yea blocked the line then with a self tapper

12. I have a stage 1 tube on my RS250 and just fitted the Forge recirc valve with a yellow spring and I hear some flutter too when I back off after hard acceleration. Did you have any issues with the turbo, ie, any damage?

13. Didn't have the car too long but never had an issue from memory.

14. Cool. Thanks.