225 turbo chatter geting louder

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by bbaxby, Aug 3, 2014.

1. hi all since fitting my airtec cooler ive noticed the turbo chatter is getting a hell of a lot louder it used to do it at low rpm and still does but it is a lot more aggressive now, ive got a forge bov and blanking plate and it works fine when at high rpm, its just the low rpm loudness thats worrying me abit.
    any advice on this would be great.

2. It might be louder because the intercooler is bigger and holds a greater volume of air. But if your getting chatter its because your dump valve spring is probably too stiff and not opening at lower pressure. Any idea what colour spring you have in it?.

3. yeah i took it apart today, and changed the smaller silver spring cos it has sagged and all round buggered, but the other spring was yellow which is the one i thought was correct for the megane, god knows might be just because of the bigger cooler

4. Yellow is rated as 15-23 psi I believe. Are you running stage 1 or standard?. Green is the softest rated at 15psi.

5. not got no map yet so standard on map but the car isnt standard, got 3" decat cooler etc, but hopefully off for mapping by end of year so dont really wonna get another spring if im gunna have to change it back when i map it

6. That'll be it then bud. Standard boost is 0.8bar (12psi). So the yellow is probably a tad too stiff and not releasing at lower pressure. I wouldn't change it if your going to get it mapped.