Tuning for the Renault Megane RS 2016?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ter, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Ter

Ter

Hi,

I have an Megane RS 275 2016 with the new ECU Siemens EMS 3125. Has anyone here made it to work with some sort of tuning software? I have been in contact with almost every company I could think of and none of them could get this to work. Have tried over ten different software and the torq vectoring just does it´s shit, even if they turn it of ect etc.

So does anyone know if someone has got this to work in the 2016 car yet?

Best regards

Tobias

2. What do you mean torque vectoring ? Have you used all the lateral grip on public roads ? And if so do you still find the car too slow (honest question) ?

3. There is no torque vectoring on the Megane.

Maybe some confusion with the LSD or the stability/traction either braking individual wheels or limiting power.

4. Ter

Ter

Yes, it´s called that when the ECU feels something changes, regarding of witch software I upload it just cuts the power, goes into limp mode, or just shuts it self down the. As said there are no firm that I know of that could map my Megane at the moment, have tried most of the ones on the market and also talked to RS Tuning etc. So please hit me up with someone that could solv this out. All the firms says that there are difference in the new 2016 ECU since it is a new euro engine and has the new 3125 box also used in the Daccia Duster.

Of course I have used the car max at the public road, also have an 450 hp Lotus Honda så I know what is fast or not :smile: The car needs more power haha

5. Unfortunately, nothing you can do with the current ECU until one of the aftermarket tuning companies cracks and unlocks it.

6. Full credit to you for using all the lateral grip on the open road. I certainly couldn't due to line of sight, traffic and licence preservation limitations. So yes indeed, on that basis you need more power, even on public roads. I just hope you're nowhere near me though ! ;-)

7. Ter

Ter

I have the keylogger so i could read from it and so so on but it seems like the ecu it self is very hard to work with like all the new ECU it has some sort of tuning protection in it.

Nickfrog: Of course on a small road the power is enough but in a straight line, let´s be honoust the car is not very fast.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Even with a remap they arn't particularly fast as well, just slightly more alive

9. These cars aren't for straight-line performance. You need to put it into a bend to appreciate it! They're such a hoot! :laughing:

10. I always thought cornering speed had an effect on straight line speed...on track only of course...

11. Oh man, that's gotta suck. All the maps out there that have been tried and tested and now you need to be a guinea pig for the latest model :worried:

12. Ter

Ter

Nickfrog: Maybe it is easer just to have it in normal mode and 250hp, from your thoughts the car seems to be faster that way :smile:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  13. It's faster in sport mode, 275 bhp.
    Once the ECU is cracked you can map it to have about 300 bhp in all modes. No need to fook about pressing buttons.

14. Ter

Ter

Yes I know the buttons :smile: Just joking since he did not think the car would be any faster with a map.

15. Probably ;-). When instructing novices on track one of the tricks is to force them to stay in 4th : they have less power and end up being so smooth for momentum conservation that they end up improving their lap time and learn quicker.

No good for pure straight line performance if that's your thing though.

16. Faster on the road, faster on the track with a map.

The 265 and 275 bhp should be standard 24/7 not via a hidden button press from 250 bhp that also gives you a lively throttle map and no cruise control. Stupid set up.