TTV SMF flywheels, more than one?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Naith, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I have a chap getting me a SMF, my flywheel is all but dead so it's a change I have to make.

I've just looked on Ktecs site to see what they said about the flywheel and to compare prices (not that I'd get it from them) and they lost a SMF for the 225/r26 but they also list one specific to the R26R...

(As well as the helix option)

Now I'm lost, I thought there was only two options for the SMF flywheel, the helix or the TTV... Not two variations from TTV. I'll be getting an R26R clutch too so I need to be 100% sure he's ordered me the right one in.

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The do one for the 225/R26 and one to suit the R26R, Which i assume you will want the later to go with your clutch.

Similar to what they have for the Mk3, They have their normal light one for the OEM clutch, which i have, then one to suit a twin plate clutch

3. As Jamie has said TTV offer two setups. You need to get the R26.R SMF to match with the R26.R clutch your getting. When I did mine I ordered it from RSTuning and made sure it was the correct one before I got the matching clutch from Adam.

I did a post last year with part numbers etc, it should still be on here somewhere.

4. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

The 09 onwards RS Megane (r26.r models) all run an uprated clutch, with 20% more clamping force.

The dowels on the flywheel are in a different position to the earlier 225 / r26 flywheels... So you need to make sure the correct SMF is ordered.

5. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Cheers guys. I went on the site and confirmed that it's the later one I need