Ttv lightweight clutch and smf

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jason mcdonald, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Hello,
    I have recently had a ttv lightweight clutch and smf fitted. Is it normal for it to smell. When I give the car a bit of a bit It will kick up a bit of a smell and also does it when reversing.
    Everything else works as it should, nice biting point and all gear changes are fine

thanks

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

is the car mapped ??? what sort of revs are you using to pull away ????

The more you rev it and the longer you have your foot on the clutch peddle won't help

I have a paddle clutch in mine, pull away with less than 2k revs, and almost no time letting the peddle up, then boot it :laughing::laughing::laughing:

3. I haven’t had the car mapped yet, looking to get it done before crimbo. from 2nd gear I near enough floor it and it spins up like mad. It’s only the odd burst I have giving it some but when I do It does stink quite a bit. I’m new to the meganes so everything I hear or smell I’m on edge worrying . I’ve probably only done 40 miles tops in it since I’ve got it bk from getting another lump put in and the new clutch n flywheel

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

was it a new clutch, or what was supplied with the engine, if new did you clean the surfaces, as there coated from the manufactures

5. Was a new clutch. I purchased it seperate from the engine. I paid a mechanic to do all the work.