Trouble code ESC and ALS /ABS when wheels turned

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by oldschoolracer, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Guys, on my 275 i have an strange issue since two days. One week before I put out the front uprights to change the springs ( I´ve a KW V3 ) for the German TÜV. Put all back in, and replaced also the brake discs and pads, everything worked fine. Yesterday evening I noticed the failure light for ABS and ESC burning suddenly without any reason. It was when the front wheels are completly turned on a parking area. I stopped the engine and started again, then the lights were gone. Then I drove back home, no issues. This morning I went to the bakery, no issues. When I left there, had to turn, turned the wheels and the lights are burning again. Seems to be depending if the wheels are turned a big amount.

Any ideas? Could it be the clock spring inside the steering column? BTW: Brake works fine, no issues.
    If the clock spring would be broken, the issues should come up all the time, not only once turned the wheels....or am I wrong?

2. Check the front wheel sensors are not dirty and fitted correctly in place, when turning fully one sensor might be pulled too much thus not having the correct gap with the magnet ring on the hub bearing.

3. Good idea, I will check this. The last days, there were no issues any more. Maybe the cable did pull itself in place .
    Thanks for advice.