Sponsored By:  

Track Wheels

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Richors, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Hi all. Pretty new to the Megane and am looking at what wheel sizes might be best for track.
    Currently on 19in with std suspension but slightly lowered on Gram springs.

Apart from tyre price, is there any reason to run either 17s or 18s on track vs the 19s I have now?

Am going to look at buying a second set of wheels so just need to decide on rim size then start looking at best options for ET as that also seems a bit more involved than other cars?

I can imagine 18s might be more comfortable on the road with bigger sidewalls and I do find the car harsh on poor surfaces so 18 for road and 19 for track could be an option but, would it be the right way to approach?

cheers

2. as your on about 19's its got to be a mk3 then.

On my 265.
    I used 18's on track with semi slicks in the dry.

I used my 19's as the wheels for driving to and from track and on track if its wet, i run Goodyear asymmetric 5's for that

Richors likes this.
  3. Yes sorry, its a 265. Any set reason you use 18s on track rather than 19? I am thinking about doing the same but its more based on the fact a lot seem to do it.
    What 18in wheels do you use with what offset?

cheers

4. Tyre choice and cost really more limited with 19's.

The 19's are the standard mk3 wheels so they are 8.25j and i think there ET65

The 18's were standard cup wheels so 8.25 and et65, i also had a set of Team dynamics 8.5j and ET55, i also had a set of MB wheels (i think) 8.5j and ET50, running either slicks or Federal 595's

Richors likes this.
  5. Ok - Thanks