250 Track Rod End Part Missing

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by James B, May 26, 2018.

1. Hi,

I posted in the wrong section previously. I’m trying to source some missing parts.

It’s the adaptor/sleeve/hub insert that fits between the track rod ends and the hub.

They tend to be seized onto the track rod ends when removed.

Picture of track rod end with adaptor:

(Pictures taken from a Clio forum thread of someone who had the same problem)

33A11FD6-A221-4274-B557-B3E33D44D715.jpeg

And picture of one without:

31141284-2F86-4255-A8D7-553E63D2B038.jpeg

Can’t order it from Renault separately. It comes as part of the hub.

Can’t find any second hand anywhere.

Last resort will be to get some machined up, but ideally I could do with the dimensions.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Is it just a threaded insert? If so would replacing it with a rivnut not be an option?

3. No it’s not threaded, it simply slides onto the tapered section of the track rod end ball joint and then almost acts like an adaptor between that and the hole in the hub.

Hard to explain but hopefully the pictures above make sense.

4. Know exactly the part, thats unfortunate, any idea where part is as normally stuck on rod end or up inside control arm

5. Yep. Stuck to my old track rod ends which I threw out ...

6. Did you ever get hold of one of these? I’m having the exact same problem

7. Thanks so much

8. Yeah they are sold on eBay now. Someone makes them. Charges a decent amount for them! But it’s worth it as no one else does them.

No worries. I ended up buying a whole hub assembly second hand just to get the part. But that was before these were being made