Sponsored By:  

Track day insurance

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by eddie ninja, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Do you? Don't you?
    I never bothered with my bike but am considering it with my R26 as I just bought it, just serviced it and first car TD ever.

2. Last place I tried for track insurance, they said at 77 years old they could not insure me!.

eddie ninja likes this.
  3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've never bothered in all the years I've done them.

If you need to claim on insurance on a TD then you have driven outwith your limits imo.

4. What do you drive?

5. Never bothered with it but then i wrote off my ninja plus new car etc and i'm thinking about it. ;-/

6. Megane 250 engined Clio 197.

7. I totally agree Jamie. I tried for T/day insurance, when I went to Spa, just in case.

8. I'm with Greenlight and it's part of the policy, albeit you pay £50 on the day and excess is doubled while on track. I went for a long time on previous cars without insurance and provided you drive within your limits then there should not be an issue. My concern is the occasional trumpets that you come across on trackdays that think they are in a race and take risks not just with their own car, but in doing so may impact on you. I've had a few close calls with folks like that.

eddie ninja likes this.
  9. I'd go without. All part of the excitement.

Much also depends on how often you go, whether you like mixing it up with the Lewis Hamilton wannabes or those that want to try and prove their BMW is the fastest thing in town.

Loads like to just pose in the paddock with their carbon bits and the only insurance they need is for broken Oakley's that drop off the top of their head.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    idontknow likes this.
  10. Fantastic bit of advice lol.... All part of the excitement, is that the rush whether you'll make it to the end of the session without damage to your car, not being able to drive it home, or like a danger w@nk excitement....as usual good advice and insight buddy...keep it up..

11. Yea I had enough excitement when I came off my bike at Snetterton, wrote it off and knackered myself for 3 months. Hence I've gone "soft" and sold it and got a car ;-)