Toxic Fume Warning ?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Torch, Oct 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys, been doing some reading on this but there seems to be quite a lot of opinions ?
    first of all i picked the car up on monday and drove back home circa 160 miles or thereabouts no problems, pulls fine and smooth although a bit coughing / hiccupping on idle.
    on tuesday and today ive been commuting to and from work circa 12 miles drive each way, in the mornings the car is fine and shows no warning lights however in the evening it has flashed up the fume warning light ?
    now on the way home there is a dual carrigeway where i get a chance to open her up and the light comes on not long after this ?
    also i should say (shame on me), i couldnt find a garage near enough that sold 97 so had to put 95 in :worried:
    any ideas where to start looking ?

i have an OBD2 reader which im going to try tomorrow (its too dark now) to see what that brings up but at the moment im thinking coil pack ?

any help is greatly appreciated

2. Got a decat fitted? Lambda sensor?

3. thats a good point mate, the car has a miltek system on it but not sure about decat
    will get it over the pit tomorrow at work and have a look

4. Sounds like the injectors to me especially with the cough on idle. Although could be a coil cylinder 3 seems to go
    I'd bet the obd throws up random cylinder misfire i think its p03000 or something or p03003 cly 3 misfire
    Is your mpg quite low?
    Does the light just flash up occasionally or stay on?

5. Mpg got 35.5 on 160 mile trip, the light just flashes occasionally. I'll be reading the codes tomorrow and will test the coils if I can fit it in before it gets dark :smile: