torquensteins Megane RS250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by torquenstein, May 25, 2015.

1. After hearing many positive comments about the Megane III RS and watching far too many Chris Harris videos, the 250 was really beginning to appeal to me. Then a trip to the Nurburgring happened last year and I was soon searching Autotrader! I have been lurking around here and making the odd post for the last few months while trying to find one and I unfortunately missed out on one back in March but I am now pleased to be able to report that I have finally bought one! It's done 20k miles and I am really happy with the spec, the only thing I would have preferred is the black 18" Cup wheels instead of the 19"s so the first thing I want to do is swap those.

First here are a some pics of a couple of my previous cars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 2011 250 Cup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks.

2. Looks stunning mate glad you held off and got what you wanted :smiley:

3. Thanks, its been tough but worth it in the end.

4. Car looks great mate - leather recaros as well :wink: haha

5. Looking sweet and agree about the wheels

6. Welcome mate it was a recent trip to the Ring that made me get mine

7. Nice. You a southerner then?
    The 350z is parked in Madeira drive isn't it?

8. MBC

MBC

I want to know if you are a Btown local too!

9. How is megane compared power vise to the 350z ?

10. Thats right it is Madiera drive. I live about 10 miles from Hastings so Brighton isn't far :smile:

11. It is quite a different delivery and feel but I don't think the Megane is far behind the Z. Mine was an early 283bhp model.

12. I went from a 350z (HR model) to a RS250 also good choice :cool: , I've now had the Megane remapped so on paper they are similar but they way they deliver the power is quiet different. I prefer the handling of the megane on track.

13. Agreed. The 350z is a great handling car and the RWD is enjoyable but the megane inspires so much more confidence in the bends.

14. Looks nice ( but those wheels have to go )

15. Ah. I'm Hickstead. Just up the A23.
    i only have a poor 225 though. Lol

16. I've got the 19"s and think they look good, loads of megs have the black 18"s so a bit different, they might grow on you and no noticeable performance difference.

17. Nothing against the 19's to be honest, I think they are a nice looking wheel. 18's are just that bit cheaper to buy tyres for and I think black wheels work well on the white.

18. MBC

MBC

Fancy a meet?

19. Im up for it if there is a few more of us :smile:

20. Horsham owner here. Meet at Q leisure for a kart off ??

21. Little update: I took the car to brands hatch last week, the car was standard other than some yellow stuff brake pads but it didn't disappoint! Looking forward to getting the car on track again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always felt the car should have some 18" Cup wheels on it and finally managed to find some:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also removed the side lights:

[​IMG]

22. Nice, i personally prefer the 18s as well!

23. gaz

gaz

Much prefer them 18's mate car looks mega!

24. Gorgeous car

25. Looks great, white has always been my fave colour for the 250.... :cool:

26. Thanks for the comments, I'm really happy with it since changing the wheels. I don't dislike the 19's they just don't suit the look i'm going for with the car.

27. MBC

MBC

Sounds good! Any more locals that you guys know of?

28. I hope to purchase some coilovers at some point but much saving will be required before I can afford that. In the meantime, I have fitted some H&R springs to reduce that arch gap! Very pleased with the way they look at the moment but expecting them to settle a bit. I replaced the rusty wheel bolts with some new black ones.

[​IMG]

Also removed the Megane badge and added some black badge covers.

[​IMG]

29. Liked the look of your astra, not usually a big fan.

250 looks great mate, I much prefer the cup wheels two as I think they look more purposeful.

Plans sound spot on mate

30. Thanks mate, loved that car.

Agree about the cup wheels, i'm much happier with the 250 since fitting them.

31. looking good! id like to go lower with h&r springs too, how do you find the h&r's compared to the standard cup springs?

32. Thanks, its a little early to say to be honest but first impressions are that they feel very similar to the cup springs.

33. Please give me an update when you've gotten some mileage on them. Really want to get mine down a bit and get a really good price on h&r stuff!

34. Bit of an update:

Fitted some Federal 595 RSR tyres before a trip to Bedford Autodrome back in August.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first time at Bedford and I definitely plan on returning there. The car performed brilliantly and I couldn't fault the tyres, they are fantastic value for money.

Then a bit more recently, a last minute drive down to Frankfurt for the Frankfurt Motor Show happened.

[​IMG]

Some of the highlights from the motor show - I am really quite liking the new Focus RS but I couldn't part with the 250.

[​IMG]

New Megane GT looks much nicer in the metal than I was expecting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With Frankfurt being only around 2 hours from the Nurburgring a little stop over had to be done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Over 960 miles covered in one weekend and the car was an absolute hero.

35. Looks ace! Bet the motor show was great. I too would like to know how you rate the springs as I'm in the mindset of wanting to lower that gap!

36. 595rsr are epic for the money mine still have tread afyer 9k 5 evening sessions, 1 full day and 10 laps of the ring!! They last for ever

37. I can 100% recommend the H&R. So much happier with how the car sits and the ride/handling is on par with the standard cup spring. I eventually plan to put some KW's on it but just for getting rid of the arch gap the H&R's are great.

Thats impressive! This is the first set of 595's I have bought and will definitely buy them again.

38. Do they knock at all? I've seen ones that knock under compression. The coils bump together.

39. Looks spot on. The sstandard arch gap is something that bugs me. What sort of cost is it to swap them over?

40. I haven't noticed this to be honest.

They were around £150 to buy and I guess fitting cost will depend on where you go. I am lucky enough that a buddy of mine is quite handy with a spanner.