225 Top right engine mount sag

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Toby85, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Hi,

Recently bought my 225 megane F1 team and am on the whole pleased but thought the cabin vibrations were a little excessive (as are the rattles and squeaks!!). After a forum search, the top mount seems a common problem so I ordered and fitted a replacement.

The cabin vibrations really don't seem much Better and after looking again, there seems to be excessive sag on the new mount - what do you guys think of the following picture;

f0f917f161f5235df7ff9f808ecd4ebe.jpg

I can easily slide a finger in there!

Regards,

Toby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. If you can easily slide a finger in - That straight away says it's not good :rolleyes:

Powerflex do inserts that basically fill the area on these mounts, they're not too expensive and may help your situation!

3. that mount is knackered mate, get a new one and get the power flex insert for it.

4. Thanks for replies. I'll get in touch with the seller - that is a brand new mount, how they can charge money for that is beyond me! I'll get an original Renault mount. The inserts don't interest me really, I have bought a low mileage 225 F1 and am working to return it to standard, it's more special to me that way and want it as Renault intended!

Cheap engine mounts - waste of money!

5. If it's any help, the Powerflex are highly regarded as a quality aftermarket item and exceed the factory fit item for durability and remain in share for many years.

6. Don't get me wrong - I am aware of powerflex products and know they're a quality item, I'm just trying to avoid the extra vibrations and cabin noise etc - just in the process of selling the exhaust and dump valve that came with the car too!

The seller has offered a refund on the mount anyway which is good. I've heard there is a chap on here who can supply genuine parts at a good price?

7. I used a cheaper mount before and lasted couple of weeks can't beat a genuine one replaced mine other day 75 quid

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Was that from Renault themselves?

9. Just to say, thanks for advice on this - I ordered a genuine one (from Paul at Renault parts direct, great service and turned up much quicker than quoted!), it's like a different car! No booming and vibrating anymore. Felt like it was shaking itself to bits previously from a cold start!

Buy cheap, but twice!

10. How easy is this mount to do buddy?

11. 15 mins - jack under the sump, 2 bolts into body, 1 into engine and manoeuvre out!