265 To decat or not to decat....

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Is there much gain to be had from a decat on the standard system on a 265?

Is it much noisier?

Thanks

2. It will be noisier, sharper throttle response but to get the best from it you'll have to get it mapped

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

My 250 is getting decat'd at the end of the month, mainly for noise and flames though

4. I am interested in the noise change cruising on the highway. Thinking about getting the de-cat done next spring but worried that on the highway it will be too loud.

5. Yeah that is my main concern too, I do not want drone/boominess!

Can anyone with decat in share their opinions?

Will the car spit flames with a decat in?!

6. Yeah I'm interested in this also . . . plus how do you get through an MOT with decat?

7. Find a friendly tester :smile:

Decat all the way for me tbh, changed the sound but not enough for unwanted attention + don't give it the the beans near the police orificers.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine flames already without a decat, look forward to seeing them with it fitted.

For mot, find a friendly tester and hope you dont get pulled by vosa.

9. Better sound, there is a gain but u must mapped

10. Jamie what other work is done to your car for it to be flaming? Or is it standard? Would like some flames :smile:

11. Chiaki Khunt.

Chiaki Khunt. Troll.

I love da flames man i got flamer kit and decat you can imagine the proper massive fire display my megane gives. Get a kid to sit in your car and hold it to the limmiter and see if it flames I've had kidz holding sausages and marshmellows on sticks behid me ride

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Any need for the stupid posts?

Oink, Mine is mapped and running a CAI, Runs rich hence the flames

13. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

thats nice, enjoy your ban.

14. Nice, are you running stage 1 Jamie?

15. Jamie, prob a newbie question but whats CAI?

16. Closed Air Intake as far as I know, IE an induction kit...

17. CAI = Cold Air Intake. Can be an open cone or closed filter housing to avoid engine bay 'hot air'. Most run a cold air feed from the front grille to aid cool air supply. See designs from ITG, K&N etc.

18. Cold, that is what I meant to write lol...cheers

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah, got the injen system and a blanking plate, loads of turbo noise and chatter, sounds mega

20. And are you running stage 1? Or higher?

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It's pretty much a stage 1, will be getting a proper stage 2 map next year though with possibly a hybrid turbo