R26 To coil over or not?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by John R26, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Hi All, I am in a dilemma here, what would you do if you were coming up to a suspension renewal and had the choice of used BC coil overs or new OE struts. I have driven the car with the coil overs and liked the better handling but not the slight bumpier ride...it was set on soft 8. The cost will be the same whichever way I go. Also are BC’s re-furbishable?
    PS: I don’t track anymore.
    Any tips or ideas most welcome.

2. If your not going to track it there’s not much point in having coil overs, new oe suspension will be more than up to the job.

3. if only doing local stuff and if rest car's not modded personal i'd go OEM with view of better return if sell.

4. Bcs seem to be harsher on a mk2 than the mk3,so unless you are going to track the car,there's no point.oem springs are now discontinued,but oem srtut are very well priced at RPD.Renault set the high ride height fir a reason,so you might. Have to go with the eibach proline springs to keep the road ride acceptable.

5. Thx all.......that settles it.....just go the OE. I had a feeling that would be the response.
    Appreciate!