Timing belt

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RSbuzzer, Jan 27, 2016.

1. I have a 2010 rs250 cup with 34000k on it, 5 trackdays done, do you recon it's time to get the timing belt/water pump and belts changed?

2. Got all mine changed almost a year ago along with dephaser pulley as well. Car's 6 years old now so I wouldn't take the chance personally. Mine was 39k but was purely on age I got it changed, piece of mind. Think the schedule says every 5, cant remember off the top of my head.

3. For the MK3 its 6 years or 75k miles so it would be due this year. Im in the same situation but sure where to go to get it done over here.

4. I'm getting in done in George Dalton Portlaoise, he has worked on some 250s and done work on most of my cars. Including 2 M3s etc
    €650 all in. A bit out for me but he's giving me a free loan car for the 2 days

5. Good to hear a recommendation like that! He is pretty close to me too. Did you get a loaner car from him while your previous ones were in for work?

6. I did a couple of times, I know George years and he generally looks after me. Most of the time he drops you to abbeyleix and collects you when done.
    Give me a ring on 0863071696 and I can speak to him for you if interested in the same. Also getting the thermostat replaced and rbf600 brake fLuis changed.

7. Mines in next week for full service inc plugs, cambelt kit, water pump and dephaser, going to get the gear oil and brake fluid done as well whilst having Goodridge hoses fitted. All ready for its 1st track outing on Feb 27th at Bedford.

Steve

8. Uummm, forgot about plugs. Think I'll get them too.
    Gear oil was done last year, and also have the braided lines

9. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

steve where are you take your meg?

10. Mines in tomorrow

Www.birchdown.com

Do loads of megs these days

Full cambelt kit, water pump & box oil

Dephaser IMO is premature, it would be something in my experience that only requires changing on higher mileage cars