Sponsored By:  

Thruxton 25th May

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by ianplymouth, May 21, 2021.

1. anyone going ???

Going to see if i can have a trouble free day this time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

manugtt likes this.
  2. put up some video footage afterwards. Fast circuit

3. My mates going in his trophy r Ian, look out for him!

4. I'll get you some video as i pass him :openmouth::openmouth: :laughing::laughing:

5. Will do if i can get my stupid Gopro hero 8 to work, thing is a piece of shit, should have sent it back, but was too late when i got to use it on track.

6. from 3 years ago, had BC coilover fitted the day before @ CGR
    Engine was standard, still had the cat in, but did have 3" Miltec cat back.
    Standard seats and belts.

only ever been there once before and only managed half a day.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  7. :tearsofjoy:
    Don’t count on it, it’s not standard and you know he can drive :wink:

8. i know, i still have standard seats in mine, the buckets haven't turned up yet :cry::cry::cry:
    so won't be 100% on it (maybe :laughing::laughing:)

9. when do you fancy another day out at the beach :laughing::laughing::laughing:

50141928591_daaf57a38b_k.jpg IMG_20200720_150552 by Ian Austin, on Flickr

10. :tearsofjoy: Ending up in there was only the beginning, the 1.5hrs getting gravel out from under the car after was the fun part :tonguewink:

Let me know what you’ve got booked and I’ll see what I can make mate:wink:

11. Going to try and stay out of that stuff in the future :laughing::laughing:

I'm at Donington on the 16th June, hope to have my cage in along with the new seats, if they turn up in time

12. I’m off work that day so might be able to make it up for a bit:grimacing:

13. be good to see you again and catch up

14. Yeah definitely mate, don’t think I’ve seen you since the gravel excursion last September :weary:

15. I'm not sure if that was an Atom but well done and I wondered what that white megane was, it looked racy when you returned to the pits

16. Yes it was an Atom, nearly rear ended him as he slowed in that corner, i had to back off, not good mid corner.
    The White Megane belongs to a mate Chris (casper on here) mine was standard his is running about 360hp.

17. In the other thread i made the point about this, its incredible how blissfully uncapable some of these balding men (im fat and bald) with money are with decent machinery. The atom should have just passed without issue and the next time you see it is when it is lapping you. He should be complaining about nearly rear ending you!

manugtt likes this.
  18. Ha, ha. Some of these people with very capable machinery must go home and lie in a darkened room staring at the ceiling for days on end when they get severely done at trackdays by people in cheaper lot less capable cars.

19. I've never known anything like it. It's almost as if one gets to a stage where financial security is at a comfortable level and out comes the wallet, followed by the greatest, fastest track focused thing ever, shaving grams off the mirror backs and the chap weighs 25 stone.

I've done quite a few bike track days. My little 600 was making mockery of 1000hp/tonne motorcycles because the chaps riding were big fanny's in the braking zones and all they could do was point and squirt. (still they went home in one piece, i wrecked the bike)

20. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: