This forum seems a bit dead.....

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by frankie robertson, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Maybe time for some changes ..?

2. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Suggestions? Facebook groups are more popular these days so takes a lot of traffic, however as far as dedicated Megane forums go this is the place to be.

eddie ninja likes this.
  3. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

cant it be added on to cliosport some how?

4. If you think this forums dead go on meganesport.net

-Jamie- and Gavin. like this.
  5. matt e

turborenault was dead last time i went on that as well

6. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

If you think of this forum is for a certain model of car only I think it does pretty well.

I can ask Nik and the team if they can have a links section to the other sites, we can do the same. There's also clio197 and clio200.net too

-Jamie- likes this.
  7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Majority of forums are quiet these days thanks to FB groups.
    Doesn't help the RS Megane is such a niche product either, If you want a busy forum go on CS.net

Gavin. likes this.
  8. How many RS Meganes do you see? That explains why the forum is quiet really.

It's a very useful source of info though.

eddie ninja and Gavin. like this.
  9. Don't think it's that quite, as mentioned do the maths... not exactly that many megane sports about, compared to a focus ST ect.

Si271 likes this.
  10. I would want a refund we we merged with them...

sunnylunn likes this.
  11. the trouble with the FB groups, you ask a question and get either trolled or shot down, I much prefer to ask anything on here.

Si271 likes this.
  12. Impossible to find previous posts on Facebook too, at least on here you can find the right sub group and then look through the threads

13. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

It seems pretty active to me, always seem to get a response and everyone is friendly! Facebook can be a little hostile sometimes.

14. FB groups all have search functions

15. What is Facebook?

TurboJ, TargaRS, Si271 and 1 other person like this.
  16. matt e

compare is to a couple of years ago is not busy at all, the forum doesnt seem to hold on to members. maybe it might pick up now winter is coming and people stay inside a bit more?

17. Just the way its going now.Years back with meganesport.net,we had a lot of active members..then that died off.
    Everyone who was left came over to here..and now its going the same way.

I only recognize a few names from the very beginning like Daz,sunnylunn and Steve.

18. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

From what I've seen people don't seem to hold on to the cars for long, there are a select group that do but they seem to change hands quickly. That won't help.

19. yep..back when the 225/R26 was new,
    it was real Renaultsport enthusiasts that had them,and `yoffs` couldnt afford them.
    So you had a bunch of really knowledgeable people.
    As they have got older,these people have moved,and the cars have come into ownership of some people that
    will just run them into the ground,and dont care enough for the car,
    to be part of a owners club forum.

TargaRS, Cazper and Gavin. like this.
  20. NJH

NJH

FB really is a waste of time for any of this stuff, you can't search it and its not organised into any useful structure other than time.

21. Some of people from here are on Fb as well, which makes sense. however on FB there seems to be a lot of "dickheads" who put some silly comments and rubbish on FB threads, also difficult to find stuff and posts.

FB is ok but far prefer here, hope it continues

22. Charlie Howard

Facebook for quick easy issues, this forum for real issues.

23. Sometimes people start a thread and ask questions, they then get told to use the search function as the question had been asked many times before. This must put off quite a few guys from chatting on here.

Dom225 likes this.
  24. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I can understand in a way, that's one of the plus point of a forum, all the posts are really easily searchable. While they can be on Facebook I've never found it as good as a forum is.

However, if it's a new user agree, give them the benefit of the doubt until they settle in.

25. Charlie Howard

Yeah I think we shouldn't do this. Even if the question has been asked before, new things can come up by talking about it again that we didn't know before.

26. Got to say, that is a bit of a pet hate of mine. As you say, it doesn't encourage participation.

Pondman likes this.
  27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

There are certain, members that post in a way that would definitely put newer members off from hanging about in regards to that.

I think myself and the rest of the admin team shall start being a bit tougher in removing negative posts or posts that would put people off or stop them being active posters

Pondman, TurboJ, RobMitchell and 3 others like this.
  28. Charlie Howard

If you need a hang Jamie I'd be happy to help, I seem to be on here a lot :tearsofjoy:

29. Uh oh, am I about to get in trouble :tearsofjoy:

30. Charlie Howard

Run and hide!

31. defiantly.
    Most people join to ask specific,obvious questions to us ..then get shot down with `use the search` responses,when they have just joined ,and probably dont even know about the search function.

I always try to be friendly,and give out info.
    Who reallly cares if a lot of the questions have been asked before.

32. Where facebook is very usefull..far more than here is parts for sale.
    Loads available,including a lot of mk2`s starting to be broken now.

And with Renault prices being stupid high for most things,its a valuable resource for bits.

33. I don't think it is asking too much for people to try and help them selves a little ,by typing their question into Google 1st, I am all up for helping people, but it would be nice to think that they tried to help themselves a bit 1st, when they have the whole world at their finger tips

ianplymouth likes this.
  34. A lot of people these days are simply not that organized.

35. Probably....you are a bit of a troublemaker....haha

massivewangers likes this.
  36. Any question is a good way to get new folk using the forum. It will help them feel more comfortable chatting and they may well stay. Also if they are new then its a new thing for them, so they wont be aware that it has been asked before.

37. I agree. I have used the search function many times and it is not always easy to find what you want.
    Sometimes new people ask questions to get the engagement and ball rolling otherwise they might never post as "It's all been said before!"
    Edit added...

Doubled....great minds think alike haha. I think we wrote this at the same time

38. Being organised has nothing to do with opening a search engine and typing your question in. I agree that with new people to the forum, asking a question can be a good icebreaker

39. Charlie Howard

I've searched stuff on search enginea before and even here without finding the answer even though its already been answered on here. Not always easy to find what you're looking for.

40. Ironic that this has been the most popular thread in ages :smile: